Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit
reply to dp
Screen cap of how your IE 11 Restricted Sites Zone settings should be at defaults.

IE should be reset after each run of SpywareBlaster.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
I noticed that IE zones default button becomes available after each run of SpywareBlaster, however I did inquire with technical support about that issue and they said that the reason the "Reset all zones to default level" appears non-greyed out after each run is a part of SpywareBlasters unique protection... I'm not so sure because I'm not understanding what IE zone options are being changed to have the default button become active again. And EVEN if you reset all zones back to default you are STILL protected by SpywareBlaster. I use SpywareBlasters auto update auto apply mechanism and can say that when that feature is active... the "reset all zones to default level" is ALWAYS greyed out. Yet FULL protection is implemented. When running the actual SpywareBlaster program however, this is NOT the case. Odd at best.
--
"Graffiti Wall" Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
Under IE 11, Dustyn See Profile ? I don't see any greyed out areas but I do have to reset the Restricted Zone as I mentioned. For John Doe; IE users having IE Zones reset to non defaults is not a good thing.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
Yup. The example is shown in your screenshot. "Default level" and "Reset all zones to default level" are currently greyed out. (this is normal)

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

2 recommendations

It's normal once you've reset that Zone to defaults. Screen cap shows changes to unknown once SpywareBlaster was just checked for an update.

Hardtek1976

join:2011-11-30
North York, ON
Using win 8 IE11. It will change one setting under Security tab/Restricted Sites/Miscellaneous, "drag and drop or copy and paste files" from the default of Prompt to Disable.