uniqs
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to RaviN

Premium Member

to RaviN

Re: NetTalk - Are they out of business??

My take is that you have to look at a company's reason for existence.

Many providers, including Anveo, CallCentric, FutureNine, Voip.MS, Voipo, CircleNet, etc, largely originated with founders who were telecom guys or ISP guys or both.

OTOH MagicJack's Dan B. is more of an investor than an inventor. He also was involved in women's professional soccer, being in major disputes with the league after which the league shut down.

And NetTalk was started by a gentleman who had started Regency Cruise Lines (bankrupt 1995). By going to VoIP, he went from ships to SIP.

----

My point is that if your heart is really in something, if it's not just another in a multiple string of diverse businesses, then you care about it a lot more....

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

said by PX Eliezer1:

OTOH MagicJack's Dan B. is more of an investor than an inventor.

Well, he spent long enough in the telecom sector to learn things.
It's a mentality issue IMO rather than a background issue.
RaviN
join:2010-06-11
Redondo Beach, CA

RaviN

FWIW, I've signed up with Voipo and first impressions are quite positive. I called before joining and got through quickly to a rep who answered my questions. The adapter arrived the day after I signed up and connected without issues. I sent customer service an email asking why it had only one port (no rollover possible). They quickly admitted the wrong device was sent, shipped the two port version, and sent a prepaid label for the incorrect device. The replacement device also connected without issues.

The vPanel interface has good features including call log downloading. The rep. said that their policy on the 5000 minute monthly limit is to contact the user before shutting off service.

I'm month-to-month for the moment but if this keeps up, I will likely sign up for a longer-term plan.
bekfe10
join:2010-01-18
Dover, DE

bekfe10

Is anyone on the East coast having Nettalk service issue as of this morning. Everything was working yesterday; I woke up this morning and both my TK and DUO are not working. Restarting did not help! I have to admit that I have had very few issues with NT in my 4+ years. Anyone in this area let me know. Thanks!
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Any change in status?

kerstuf
join:2014-02-12
Tellico Plains, TN

kerstuf to bekfe10

to bekfe10
My Duo seems to be working fine.
bekfe10
join:2010-01-18
Dover, DE

bekfe10

Thanks to all who responded; everything is back to normal as of yesterday evening. It might have been a network outage since I could not even get call forwarding to work on either device.

I could not reach anyone though chat and could not open a ticket. Just renewed my DUO for 3 years 3 months ago. I guess I will just enjoy it while it lasts and hope that they will stay in business. I have had a much better experience with Nettalk compared to Magicjack that I am about to ditch after 7 years for placing my account under review because I disputed a charge.