IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[Troubleshooting] Verizon Website down (6/26/2014)

Tried logging into my account on today (6/26/2014) VerizonWireless.com, got an error message saying system unavailable, please try again later. Called customer service, they said its down for everyone. They cannot even access accounts.

I'm wondering if there is any official info on this outage or if it's worse than thought. I'm able to make and receive calls and data but I'm wondering if people are having other issues.
--
Stop the Comcast-Time Warner merger, I'd rather Time Warner buy out Comcast.

Lsuepi

@70.215.10.x

In Rochester NY having the same problem. Has been out all day. Able to text and call just not access my account.GRRRR

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to IowaCowboy

Callint,texting, and data would be seperate from back office account systems.

Fider7

@107.15.111.x
reply to IowaCowboy

Same in Raleigh, NC, all day with no data on my phone. And OTA programing unsuccessfull

LD

@98.212.207.x
reply to IowaCowboy

Same here in Illinois, cannot access my account info

Jimdish255

join:2007-10-14
reply to IowaCowboy

Same here. I can use the phone but no acct access, no cloud access and no way to activate new phone. Disaster losing entire day. Have to get this up and running by the weekend.

annoyed

@70.192.13.x
reply to IowaCowboy

Same problem here am unable to access my account. Any updates on what is going on?

annoyed

@70.192.13.x
reply to IowaCowboy

Same problem here am unable to access my account. Any updates on what is going on? In Rhode Island

islander02

@98.31.10.x
reply to IowaCowboy

The initial repair time was 3pm yesterday, but 12.5 hours later there is still no sign of a fix. What concerns me most is Verizon is not communicating with anyone what the actual problem is. Has the customer information been hacked? Have they had a catastrophic system failure that had erased or compromised customer data? The media is quiet (surprisingly) and neither the customer service call in center nor the local stores have any information.

Their sales loss has to be significant at this point.

@69.143.166.x

Still down for me, 6:43am EDT. Been trying to log on and change over in my account settings to my international phone for a trip for over 24 hours now. Really annoying considering how much they charge for their service.

satKat

join:2013-05-25
Gouverneur, NY
reply to islander02

I was given a "we are having a 'small system update'" line by CS yesterday. This has been going on for about 24 hours now. I'm surprised the media hasn't gotten a hold of it at all either...

NolanK77

@198.110.198.x

I hope verizon fixes this or they might get sued from someones frustration lol

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to IowaCowboy

Not down for me.

alkaleka

@74.78.48.x

Still down here in Maine, after well more than 24 hours!

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
reply to Jack_in_VA

Are you sure? I can access website and log in, but no access to any of the details of my account.

Evans

@24.154.167.x
reply to IowaCowboy

Just spoke to Verizon (6/27/2014; 13:13UTC); System maintenance was extended from yesterday. There is currently no ETR; be patient. No other services are affected and all areas are not affected. It only affects billing and online billing access. I did ask if there was a breech and was assured it was not....not that they would tell me but she did seem sincere.

Mlllll

@107.3.12.x
reply to IowaCowboy

This is insane! I am going crazy not being able to make or recieve calls or have Internet service on my iPhone. I went to the Verizon store about 5 times throughout the day yesterday and their responses was always, "it'll be up soon, an hour or so". Finally at 8 pm they told me to call the corporate office because they assured me that everything would be running properly.
I guess not...
I am just a mad and angry CT customer!

Darcy

@70.215.5.x
reply to Evans

It does not just affect accounts. There are a limited number of Verizon customers that are unable to make calls and send text messages. We can receive calls and text messages and use Wi-Fi but data is down. It's a hassle and no one has the same story.

Evans

@24.154.167.x

Apparently all of the CSRs do not have the correct information either.

Shelly

@67.186.85.x
reply to Evans

There are other services affected.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Guest

said by Guest :

Still down for me, 6:43am EDT. Been trying to log on and change over in my account settings to my international phone for a trip for over 24 hours now. Really annoying considering how much they charge for their service.

I am guessing you have lte phone from vzw.

Your phone is factory unlocked why not save money and use local sim and get more ? Also get google voice before you go on a trip for free texts using data within US.

And yes its down 2 days already Brooklyn,NY

irritated

@66.83.174.x

It is 1:22 pm est and have been unable to access my account, pay my bill, or activate my new note 3 that i recieved yesterday morning. CSR said its been out for 2 days and that the my verizon system crashed during an update. Until IT can figure out how to fix the system failure no phones can be activated and for all intents and purposes all north american accounts dont exist. this is a nationwide network failure.

null

@65.164.20.x

Still down. Need to activate my new phone. Old one freezes every time I hit the space bar. Incredibly annoyed with Verizon right now. Customer service representatives told me it'd be fixed in an hour about 6 hours ago...if they'd just said "I don't know" I would have been irked, but not really as angry as I am right now.

null

@65.164.20.x

CSR said they're aiming to have things back up between 5-7 pm EST.

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to IowaCowboy

Working for me.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to null

said by null :

Still down. Need to activate my new phone. Old one freezes every time I hit the space bar. Incredibly annoyed with Verizon right now. Customer service representatives told me it'd be fixed in an hour about 6 hours ago...if they'd just said "I don't know" I would have been irked, but not really as angry as I am right now.

New phone for a freeze caused by the spacebar? If you're using a touch screen keyboard that honestly sounds like something a software reload/reset would fix right up.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Smith6612:

said by null :

New phone for a freeze caused by the spacebar? If you're using a touch screen keyboard that honestly sounds like something a software reload/reset would fix right up.

Exactly I was just about to say that.

Factory reset would fix it but some people right away think something is broken lol.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

I'm aware. I often have many coming with phones running any sort of OS (Android, iPhone, etc) come to me thinking their battery is shot on their phone. Usually when it comes down to it, some super old outdated app they haven't updated in forever, some setting enabled on their phone, or a bug caused by an OS upgrade is causing the battery to drain. Most of these problems I can solve by simply clearing a config file or two or updating phones. Worst case, backup, factory reset, and copy data back by hand. The hardware is typically always fine unless a device has clearly been through a ton of abuse (Damaged physically, battery shows signs of deep discharging, etc).

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

Heck my four year old iPod touch still holds a charge!

system down

@70.192.137.x

Two days now and they don't have a clue. The fact that a company doesn't have a backup system in another location is dumbfounding. Anyway don't expect anything until after weekend.

Will they admit they have been hacked?