Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chip89
Premium
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH
reply to system down

Re: [Troubleshooting] Verizon Website down (6/26/2014)

I think iPhone activations would still work because that is done though apple servers.

bunnylebowsk

join:2014-06-27
reply to IowaCowboy

i am having the same problem. been unable to access my verizon prepaid account since at least yesterday. just tried to call CS and it just hangs up on you and tells you to try again later. got someone via live chat and she said their system is completely down but are expecting to have it up "within an hour". sound familiar? guess that is their blanket response until they get it back up, it doesn't mean it will happen within an hour. i asked if they had been hacked and if she could say and she said it was just down but not hacked. so either they didn't get hacked or they cannot confirm it at this time. i believe my data on my prepaid hotspot is working but i am not 100% sure if it is reliable at this time.

Dale444

@75.69.93.x

Still down in NH at 11:43 PM, 6/27/2014

null

@24.112.187.x
reply to Smith6612

I have an old Env2 (manufactured in 2008), and I'm replacing it with an Env3 (cost 28 dollars). I thought it was a software issue, but when I went to Verizon's store near where I work, they said the phone was so old they couldn't update the software for it anymore.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
reply to IowaCowboy

It's back for me as of now.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to IowaCowboy

Any call text or data issues would be completely unrelated to any problems with billing or customer service, unless of course you're trying to change plans or such.

Such systems are air gapped for a reason.

Yes there are of course recovery systems but calling for a switchover to them is a pretty massive effort and not something to be done lightly for a small outage like this. (And yes, in the grand scheme, this is a small inconvenience.)

Edit: FYI, data secure, no breaches, just a system outage. Sleep easy.