Search similar:

uniqs

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

1 edit

SrsBsns

How will users know?

I'm not researching each ad to determine the source. I'll keep skipping them, thanks.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Surely they'll have to have some kind of branding campaign so folks know when something is paying for the data it uses. What's interesting is I wonder how many folks are even concerned about most ads (pictures in e-mail, pictures on web sites and banner ads in apps) using their data? Could this backfire and end up making the public more aware of these things eating up their cap?
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN

Chubbysumo

I use an ad blocker. It does affect your cap quite a bit. I went from using about 4GB a month to using just above 2, and I did not change anything except adding the ad blocker.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit

silbaco

Premium Member

The problem with ad blockers is most people don't add things like Pandora and services with high operational costs as exceptions, which is destructive to the internet as a whole. Ad blockers are costing Pandora millions.

OldCableGuy3
@207.191.193.x

OldCableGuy3 to SrsBsns

Anon

to SrsBsns
Just like most commenters here not researching the facts in Net Nutrality. They just look at the company name... NetFlix or T-Mobile "yay" ComCast or AT&T or Verizon "rabble rabble"