spc
Search similar:

uniqs
snitzle_iii
join:2004-12-06
Dublin, CA

1 edit

snitzle_iii

help-lost eqipment in the mail (sorry if it doesn't belong here)

hello i am reaching out to any of the kind people at att who go on dslreports and could assist me with the matter.

sorry if this does not belong here -mods please move if needed.

basically i called att saying that i have been having issues with the internet. they suggested a new modem could help. i can't remember the exact details because it was 5/6months ago, but a modem arrived. it had instructions to send the old modem back or a fee would incur. the weird thing is that att claims that i bought a modem in 2012 (which i did) so i ask them why i would buy a new modem if my old one worked? i never asked for a new modem. it was suggested to me because there was internet problem! i had a tech come to the house to inspect the problem. Turns out there was a bad wire in the house causing no internet for a week. I swear the instructions said to bring it back to usps.

att rep-claim i bought/agreed to buy a modem (not true)
told me to go back to ups and try to find tracking
ups said they get this complain a lot and that only shipments through ups with tracking get scanned. since it goes through usps they just put it to the side
called back and was told my a supervisor that the situation would be escalated and in 72hours i would have new information.

basically i am getting the run around with att reps. one says one thing. another one says another thing. they don't have logs on what exactly happened. im mad. im upset. this sucks.

called back to find out that the equipment was never found... i am being charged 100 for equipment...before i changed service. i paid 2x months of full service price of 61 dollars before randomly the promo price kicked in for 28...

so im out 100 for bogus return and paid 33 dollars extra for 2x months; total 66 too add insult to in jury...

can somebody who works for att help me out?

thanks

edit: i think i should post in direct

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

I once had a 24-hour EKG, which required returning the monitor device via UPS. The kindly VA nurse emphasized that I was to request a tracking number; because I would be billed for the cost of the device if I could not show proof that I handed it off to a UPS agent. So, keeping that in mind, I did the same when I recently returned a rented gateway to my ISP.

Yes, AT&T Direct is the place to ask. Hopefully, they will be able to sort it out.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to snitzle_iii

to snitzle_iii
Didn't know USPS handled returns for AT&T.. I thought it all was done with the UPS Store and shipped via UPS - and in that case UPS Store gives a receipt with a tracking # and informs to keep to track package.

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY

1 edit

gadawg

When I returned equipment via ups 6 months ago they didn't give a tracking number. Just a receipt saying ups received it. I got a text from att when it was received.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by gadawg:

When I returned equipment via ups 6 months ago they didn't give attacking number. Just a receipt saying ups received it.

If you look at your receipt, I will bet it has a tracking number; mine does. The agent offered the receipt; but I would have requested it if she hadn't.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

Yeah, it will have a tracking #, mine did.