All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to GenZod

to GenZod

Re: [Internet] No cable to "rural" Cambridge location. Really?

If you're willing to foot the construction costs Rogers might entertain the idea of bringing service to you. Costs will most certainly be steep but might be worth it in the long run if you plan on making this your "forever home" especially when everyone in your family is tech savvy.
GenZod
join:2014-06-26

GenZod

That's part of why I'm asking questions about the current state of the Rogers infrastructure in the vicinity: would paying Rogers to bring cable to us be worth it right now (unlikely) or in the near future? I've seen comments in other threads where people have been quoted $10000-$20000 per KM of expansion. YEOW!

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Take a drive by »www.google.com/maps/@43. ··· e1?hl=en and see if they have added in a 7330 as the street view hasn't been updated since 2011

A 7330 is a field SLAM which is used to provide DSL.

You can identify the 7330 by looking for a beige cabinet near the OPI and access node as seen in the street view.

king_2015
join:2010-09-15
King City, ON

king_2015 to GenZod

to GenZod
Call up rogers small business. Tell them your a small business owner and make up a name. Go on contract with them and they will cover up to $30,000.00. worth of work to bring in services to you. I have done this before with a friend of mine and rogers said no problem but that was the small business department. The rogers residential department people would not be able to help you only small business. Give them a call @: 1 888 873-1488.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by king_2015:

Call up rogers small business. Tell them your a small business owner and make up a name. Go on contract with them and they will cover up to $30,000.00. worth of work to bring in services to you. I have done this before with a friend of mine and rogers said no problem but that was the small business department. The rogers residential department people would not be able to help you only small business. Give them a call @: 1 888 873-1488.

Unless you're signing up for carrier grade service from Rogers Business Services, which is an entirely separate business unit, that's unlikely to happen.
GenZod
join:2014-06-26

GenZod to JC_

to JC_
Click for full size
said by JC_:

Take a drive by »www.google.com/maps/@43. ··· e1?hl=en and see if they have added in a 7330 as the street view hasn't been updated since 2011

Unfortunately (for us) it looks about the same today as it did in the 2011 Street View.

Good thought, though.