uniqs

OverrRyde
join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON

OverrRyde to Mont

to Mont

Re: World Cup Brazil

said by Mont:

He should of got the red card in the game , the suspension afterward is logical but action should be taken in the game also , with all the errors made by the referees this year , it's not surprising at all.

If it continues like this a Southern American should win it as it seem it's what they want.

Only reason he didnt get carded is because the ref must not have seen it, which is why it was the right move from FIFA to review

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Best quote I saw was roughly.....

Suarez's game is 10% physical and 90% dental!
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont to OverrRyde

to OverrRyde
I've seen report that they said the referee saw it but the issue is that the bite mark was there and the referee should have at least took a second to check Chiellini shoulder as Suarez is not to his first offence regarding biting.

If we look at the red card of Italy im sure a yellow would have been enough so that's why i think the ref should have at least look at Chiellini shoulder. These action are game changer so that's why im saying the ref should have been more careful in his decisions.

Anav , Ghana played well but it seem there was issues within the team and im sure if they would have played without these issues they would have finished second.

OverrRyde
join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON

OverrRyde

said by Mont:

I've seen report that they said the referee saw it but the issue is that the bite mark was there and the referee should have at least took a second to check Chiellini shoulder as Suarez is not to his first offence regarding biting.

If we look at the red card of Italy im sure a yellow would have been enough so that's why i think the ref should have at least look at Chiellini shoulder. These action are game changer so that's why im saying the ref should have been more careful in his decisions.

That's not how refereeing works. You either saw or you didn't. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be sent off (he totally did), but just because the player went to the ref to show his shoulder doesn't make it that the ref will judge in your favor, and rightly so.

As for the Italian red, totally deserved, clear intent in that play to injure. And it that case, it happened right in front of the ref, there's nothing to dispute there.
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

4 edits

Mont

I don't know how they do apply the rule this year but in this case many time the referee goes to ask what happened to the linesman just like in 2006 with Zidane and Materazzi or in other games with similar actions.

Marchisio intent wasn't about injuring the player , i don't see where the red was needed , Cavani late tackle on Veratti was also booking material so were's the baseline then ?

I respect your opinion but seeing Marchisio style of play since he started his professional career and even in that game i don't think he deserved a straight red.
said by NefCanuck:

Been following since the start (Being born of Swiss parents means I at least have someone in the tourney to directly cheer for )

Of course facing Argentina on Tuesday likely means the Swiss are doomed, unless they manage to take Lionel Messi out in an alley somewhere and beat him with an Alpenhorn

RE: Suarez's "Pac Man" imitation (the video game character not the football player)

This is the *third* time he's bitten someone... What does it take to get a lengthy suspension? Drawing blood or flesh?

NefCanuck

I think Switzerland and Argentina will be a close game , the game against France was not a good day for them and im sure against Argentina they will play much better.
said by Yes :

said by Mont:

He should of got the red card in the game , the suspension afterward is logical but action should be taken in the game also , with all the errors made by the referees this year , it's not surprising at all.

If it continues like this a Southern American should win it as it seem it's what they want.

International soccer matches are ripe for referee fraud. In a sport where a single score is often the determining factor in a win, a prejudiced referee can easily affect who wins or not. The result is often rioting fans who feel their team was cheated by an intentionally biased call.

Good point , i suppose in this case it would be better to have the local fan's happy .

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

1 edit

Xstar_Lumini to OverrRyde

to OverrRyde
said by OverrRyde:

said by Mont:

Only reason he didnt get carded is because the ref must not have seen it, which is why it was the right move from FIFA to review

If it had been a german, british or dutch player the one that did the bite he would have not been suspended 9 games, believe me, but dont let it be a player from a 3rd world small country that the full book will be thrown at him.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Xstar_Lumini:

If it had been a german, british or dutch player the one thay did the bite he would have not been suspended 9 games, believe me, but dont let it be a player from a 3rd world small country that the full book will be thrown at him.

nonsense...he has a history of doing this (this is his 3rd offense for the exact same thing)...he needs to play one season of hockey, and try that shit there...he would never bite anyone else again.