uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

[Serious] Not quite an itch, almost a tickle, on my foot in the arch

In the arch of my left foot. Been doing it for some time now. Always the exact same spot. I cannot see anything there to irritate it. It is not really an itch, not really a tickle but it feels good to scratch. It is on the skin, not under so I am pretty sure it is not a mild plantar fasciitis. I know something is causing it, but I have no idea what. I have googled around a bit but have not come up with anything.

Just thought I would ask in case anyone had an idea. Not worth going to to the doctor, but I will ask next time I do go for something.

Cliffy
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Kitchener, ON

Cliffy

Premium Member

I Googled your symptoms, however it appears only one semi-pantsless GTA resident suffers from this

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

That is what found! I am sure a nerve ending is twitching there related to something else.

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass

Premium Member

You might have picked up a sliver of metal or glass in your foot that's so small you can't easily see it (especially since it's hard to get a really good close look at the bottom of your foot under a magnifying glass). It may work its way out over a few weeks/months... or it might stay there for a long time.

I picked up a small sliver of metal in the arch of my foot at the cottage a few years ago when I was in the water working on the dock - probably a broken off bit of fish hook or something. I had the exact same symptoms (kinda itchy, kinda ticklish) for about a month... I finally got sick of it and dug at my foot with a razor blade for a few minutes one night before bed and sure enough below the top layer of skin I found a tiny piece of metal about 1mm long and no thicker than a hair. Got it out and never felt it again.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to donoreo

MVM

to donoreo
Athlete's Foot?
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Generally not in the arch area. The fungus likes warm, moist areas which is why you see it in and around the toes.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to Hydraglass

Premium Member

to Hydraglass
said by Hydraglass:

You might have picked up a sliver of metal or glass in your foot that's so small you can't easily see it (especially since it's hard to get a really good close look at the bottom of your foot under a magnifying glass). It may work its way out over a few weeks/months... or it might stay there for a long time.

I picked up a small sliver of metal in the arch of my foot at the cottage a few years ago when I was in the water working on the dock - probably a broken off bit of fish hook or something. I had the exact same symptoms (kinda itchy, kinda ticklish) for about a month... I finally got sick of it and dug at my foot with a razor blade for a few minutes one night before bed and sure enough below the top layer of skin I found a tiny piece of metal about 1mm long and no thicker than a hair. Got it out and never felt it again.

This sounds closest so far. I will get my wife to take a good look too and poke around.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by donoreo:

said by Hydraglass:

This sounds closest so far. I will get my wife to take a good look too and poke around.

I was going to tell you to put your pants on and it would go away, but if your wife is going to look at it, don't.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

1 recommendation

donoreo

Premium Member

Just because my pants are off and my wife is around does not mean it will work out well for me.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I sometimes get that. I always figured it's either dry skin or perhaps some irritation from socks / shoes rubbing on the arch. It's annoying because itching kinda helps but doesn't seem to resolve.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to donoreo

to donoreo
I've had the same thing for a while. Comes and goes. The doctor didn't find anything suspicious.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

That is what found! I am sure a nerve ending is twitching there related to something else.

Early-onset hypochondria?
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

1 recommendation

peterboro (banned)

That and lack of pants indicate early dementia or Alzheimer's.
jw14
join:2014-04-02
Canada

jw14 to donoreo

to donoreo
EXACT SAME THING FOR ME. WOW

Not really an itch, but kinda. Just a weird feeling on the arch of my left foot.

I think it might be the beginning of a wart. Thats my best guess.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Hydraglass

Premium Member

to Hydraglass
said by Hydraglass:

You might have picked up a sliver of metal or glass in your foot that's so small you can't easily see it

Funny you mention this.

I have this spot on my heel, not on the bottom but at the edge of it where the skin tends to be dry. There's this little spot that gets almost itchy, like a little tickle.

A few years ago I was scratching it and it felt like there was a wee something there, so with a little coaxing a managed to pluck from my foot, with nail clippers, this tiny little piece of... i dunno. Looked like... glass, or crystal, the size of a big grain of sand. I though... that's weird, wonder how long that was there.

Fast forward a bunch of time, and that spot gets to tickle-itch again. I look closer. And bloody hell. I get the nail clippers out and sure enough there's another little piece of glass or whatever it is.

Now, about once every 6 - 8 months, my heel produces a new chunk of whatever.

Mike
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Step on any landmines in a former life? Shrapnel does this in the human body in much the same way as shrapnel/unexploded ordnance magically makes its way to the surface via freeze/thaw cycles.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I cannot find anything in the spot and I do not want to go digging at it since it is in a thinner skinned area. It does sound like I may have something there. I did step on a nail with that foot when I was a kid. It went through but may have left something there.