uniqs

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Field Day 2014, 6/28 & 6/29 - Who's playing?

I will be out at the Daytona Beach Police Department's Emergency Operations Center for Field Day this year. Keep an ear out for N4DAB. I believe we are running 3F this year. Hope to hear some of your out there!
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Mississauga Amateur Radio Club, VE3MIS running 10A this year. That is if our digital guys get their act together by tomorrow, otherwise 9A.

drjim
MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA

drjim to neonhomer

MVM

to neonhomer
I'll be running the satellite station for K6AA, URAC, the United Radio Amateur Club of Los Angeles Harbor.

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

I have never done field day before but will later today head to the Fairbrea Swim Club (here in Sunnyvale, CA) to help with the setup for this weekends Field Day for SARES, the Sunnyvale ARES group. Don't ask me any details, because I don't know nothing
I do expect to learn quite a bit about HF communications this weekend and may even be on the air: KK6FPP.

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
BARA (Bergen Amateur Radio Assoc) will be on from NJ as K2BAR. If anyone is in Northern NJ, please stop by. Have fun everyone!

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Insurance City Repeater Club will be operating K1CRC [4A] from Bethlehem, CT.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6 to neonhomer

to neonhomer
Delaware-Lehigh Amateur Radio Club at Louise Moore Park, Easton PA - 3A EPA
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to neonhomer

Premium Member

to neonhomer
Yellowknife Amateur Radio Society, VE8YK, will be on the air, CW and digital.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day, already 22C (72F) and a forecast high of 26C (79F) and sunny.

Anyways, just finished eating breakfast, time to get the rest of my gear together and head out there.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to leibold

Premium Member

to leibold
Attended that event several times...they put on a good show.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

Well, we ended up doing about 50 digital QSO's, 60 SSB QSO's, and 170 CW QSO's. Plus points for emergency power, the CW station on solar, education bonus, three QSO's made by visiting Boy Scouts, plus NTS messages, plus press release, plus visiting officials.... Not bad...

Then I got up the next morning, fired up the TS-570D, and ran as 1D for 20 SSB QSO's.... all in all not bad for daytime on a G5RV in a tree. (For the 1D station).. Plus bonus points for a QSO by an operator under 18, plus I made 10 QSO's on battery.

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

We ran as 2A SCV (Santa Clara Valley) and had dipoles for 80m, 40m (also used for 15m), 20m and 10m up in the tree.

The main radios were a Drake TR7 and a Yaesu FT-897. We also made some QSO's on low power with a battery operated Elecraft KX3 (in place of the Yaesu) and had 2 operators under the age of 18.

We were visited by elected government officials (City Council members, including mayor and vice mayor) as well as served agencies (Sunnyvale Public Safety Department and the American Red Cross) and the ARRL (Section Emergency Coordinator).
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG

Premium Member

We ran as 2A NT, I'm not sure of the total tally yet but somewhere around 80 QSOs, all QRP. About half of those were CW and the rest were PSK31 except for a handful of SSB QSOs.

Unfortunately we had no visiting officials and no members of the public or other groups, organizations, or agencies showed up. I guess the press release has fallen on deaf ears (or people were just uninterested). Probably doesn't help that a lot of people were out of town camping since it is a long weekend for many people due to Canada Day.

Antennas we had a Spider Beam, magnetic loop, tri-band vertical, and end-fed random wire.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

You're not working the RAC Canada Day contest?

I think VE3MIS finished FD with about 1,000 qso's, the majority of which were CW. My own band (20M phone) had some technical issues so we had a slow start but managed just under 150 contacts. Band conditions were very much up and down. Our 10M station did surprisingly well when a nice opening to the mid-west US popped up.