·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to ImpldConsent

MVM

to ImpldConsent

Re: KitKat on Verizon GS4

I updated my S3. So far so good. The phone definitely feels more responsive and LTE seems more stable, although I managed to get the phone to kernel panic and reboot today. Then again, I was doing something very stupid and caused the phone's RAM to fill up

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

said by Smith6612:

I updated my S3. So far so good. The phone definitely feels more responsive and LTE seems more stable, although I managed to get the phone to kernel panic and reboot today. Then again, I was doing something very stupid and caused the phone's RAM to fill up

When I go into task manager and clear memory, it now sometimes clear down to 600 and some odd megs. Before, it wouldn't budge at all. And yes, it is far more responsive than before. I use a pin code to access my phone (job requirement) and it allows me to key in the code instead of having to wait a few seconds to do that before. Texting is slighter better than before, but I still hit wrong letters which gets me pissed. Overall, this is a better change than the previous iteration.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

I'm hoping the new compiler and rendering engine comes to the S3 in another Android update before Samsung decides to EoL the device. Right now with the way the Java framework in Android works, applications are compiled on the fly, which is quite slow. Apparently for those using dev versions of Android on Nexus devices, they're seeing a huge performance improvement thanks to both a new rendering engine, and a new compiler which compiles apps against your specific phone during install. If anything I see that further improving the Android image on the S3.