Search similar:

uniqs

TheGiant
Sup
join:2001-03-28
Tipp City, OH

TheGiant

Repairs

Is there anyone that will repair an HTC Droid DNA for verizon? Screen is shattered. I like this phone a lot and would rather just fix it that get another manufauteres phone at this time. $150 if possible

Just afraid to send it to some fly-by-night repair shop and get it back with some spy program running on it.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

Radio Shack just got into the cell phone repair business. Check out their site to see if they have started this in your area.

mark5019
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Atlanta, GA

mark5019 to TheGiant

Premium Member

to TheGiant
try bob knows phones very reasonable
i dont know if there in your area
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned) to TheGiant

to TheGiant
youtube vids are out on the tear-down and reassembly. It is pretty strait forward. The dna seems to have a face glued (loca) lcd assembly. Meaning glass/digitizer only is not much of a option esp for some one who has not done it before. The lcd is avail on ebay for about 60 bucks and plenty of them.

My opinion just do the repair your self. Or you could always send it to me and ill charge you 50 + the 60 for the part (mostly kidding here) but the price is about what you should expect for the repair. Should be plenty of local shops. You can put a screen lock on the phone if you don't have one. With out hard resetting (factory reset) the phone it is very hard to bypass. How ever what you should understand is this. The repair tech will nto be able to test the phone fully. For example there could be dead areas in the new screen that can not be tested. Also the tech could have damaged the ear piece and wont know till you pick up the phone things of that nature. While no tech wants to have extra damage happen it does happen. On things like cameras ear speakers speakers etc these parts are very cheap and most legit shops if they damage it will just eat the cost. Again you do have the option of doing this repair your self. Just don't bother trying a glass only its pointless. On htcs with face glued screens i will not even attempt it and i have a little over 2 years experience and 500+ phone repairs under my belt. Samsung line of phones feel free to bury me under a ton of them for glass only ill do them all day long.

Video link for the tear down

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· JVchUlTs

TheGiant
Sup
Tipp City, OH

TheGiant

2 of the local shops I called said they would not even try it for less than $200 well one said he wouldn't even try.
TheGiant

TheGiant to Nanaki

to Nanaki
The last cell phone I tried to repair , didn't turn out all that well I got meat hooks for hands and those little ribbon cables are impossible for me. I would be more than happy to send someone the part and $50 any takers?
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

hey pm me and ill see what my boss thinks as i do work from a shop now. So will see what he thinks.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to TheGiant

to TheGiant
if you like the phone that much just buy a used one

»swappa.com/listing/UHX509/view

It will cost you more to repair the thing.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

50 labor + 60 part + 12 shipping both ways
122 shipped to and from and repaired. Cost of used on swappa 175 that is a 50 dolor difference. Now don't get me wrong with that price difference both options are valid as long as the op is ither on verizon this swappa phone is unlocked (if hes not on verizon) and has a clean non blocked esn etc. If he is not and the phone is not unlocked he would have to spend another 25 to 40 for the unlock.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

the problem is that phone has a 2 repair score. I didnt get the one I cracked fixed because it was 200 for the screen and digi back then.

and all verizon LTE phones are sim unlocked part of the 700 block rules.

I used my DNA on att for as few months.
Nanaki (banned)
Akron, OH

Nanaki (banned)

Yeh the parts for lcd and digitizer are always pretty pricey. The only cheap one i found was for a galaxy mega. That one is around 60 for the unit. Likely do to the fact that a glass only is impossible for it.

On the htc one i know for a fact that with a lcd seperator and luck you can in theory do glass only on them. The lcd etc is just on this side of thick enough. What ive found to be the case is this. If the lcd is thicker than the wire separator wire you can do glass only.Say about 2x thicker. Any thinner than that and the lcd will break as the wire moves along. On s2 3 and 4s note 1 2 and 3 i can take the glass off with single edge razors and playing cards with heat from a hair dryer.

For most of the 2 years ive been doing phone repairs i was the only one doing glass only on any phone. Now im still one of only 10 or 12 in north east ohio who does it.
Nanaki

Nanaki (banned) to GLIMMER

to GLIMMER
Hmm i wasn't aware of that about verizon. I do know we have had to carrier unlock numerous verizon phones but we haven't had many ltes in here.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

Now you wont get LTE with the phone just GSM

TheGiant
Sup
Tipp City, OH

TheGiant

I don't care if it is unlocked. Yes it is a Verizon phone