priceville
Premium Member
join:2014-01-14
Canada

1 edit

priceville

Premium Member

smtphm problems solved

I have been using outlook 2003 with all updates on Windows 7 home 64 bit with no problems for the last year. But for the last couple of days I cannot send anything. I receive fine but no sending. Bell support was no help except to say it was an Outlook or computer problem. I tried port 587 same thing.......anyone have any ideas......cheers. I am using security essential and to the best of my knowledge it should not effect my mail

kw_have_not
@70.27.39.x

kw_have_not

Anon

Re: smtphm problems

You're not alone; see this thread on the DHC forum for details. No matter what email client you're using, nobody's going to have any luck getting support from the frontline Bell drones since as long as the useless "service status" page says all is okay, they just assume everything's hunky dory.
I've used a sympatico.ca email address since 1996 (ugh, yes) and never had the kind of intermittent problems sending mail as I've experienced in the past few weeks. Ever since Bell outsourced their email servers to Microsoft/Hotmail, I think they just take a "not our problem" approach to any possible issue.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT to priceville

Premium Member

to priceville
You can try to use the Active Sync client... work fine that way

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to priceville

to priceville
Post in the Bell Direct forum. I have been on Sympatico since 1994. I use Outlook 2010 with no problems. Make sure your configuration is exactly as Bell's web page says and test.
priceville
Premium Member
join:2014-01-14
Canada

priceville

Premium Member

If anyone is interested I managed to solve the problem by changing the smtp server to smtp.bellnet.ca port 25 and unchecking smtp server requires authentication ......so I do believe it is a Bell (Hotmail) problem regardless of what they say on the phone......cheers

Anon99
@206.47.249.x

Anon99

Anon

FYI - your solution may have worked but is not recommended as smtp.bellnet.ca is not the right smtp server for consumer use; that's for business customers.

I'd recommend posting in the direct forum to get some help with the original issue.