All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RoseM
@98.119.94.x

RoseM

Anon

[DSL] How long does a speed upgrade take?

My username is [Removed for privacy], and I upgraded from a 1.5 to a 6mpbs connection and the activation date was yesterday. It has now been one whole day without internet. I am very much in doubt that a simple speed upgrade takes more than one day. I am ready to call another internet company. I have to borrow my neighbors internet to check my email and stuff, this is ridiculous. I know its not my problem, as it was working on the lower speed before. My line has a dial tone still and I did not change any connections.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa

Mod

Rose, I removed your DSLX username for your protection. Not a good idea to post your private/personal information on a public board.

I will send the information to Nick ( dslx_nick See Profile ).
reader50
join:2003-01-23
California

reader50

RoseM, have you tried rebooting your modem? ie - turn it off / back on. Or unplug it for a brief time, if there is no on/off switch.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Hi RoseM,

Steve managed to snag this one before I got a chance, haha. He checked it out and found that the upgrade process moved you to a new circuit, so some of the configuration settings needed to be adjusted. He took care of that, so you should be able to get online now.

The new circuit is looking solid, but AT&T still has it set at 1.5 instead of 6 on their end, so I'm giving them a call now to beat some heads in and get that fixed. Will give you a call after.

RoseM
@98.119.94.x

RoseM

Anon

Thank you for the reply. I did not mean to be rude, we are back online now but like you said it is still on 1.5 which you are obviously aware of. For now I guess I am glad to have internet, and I would assume the speed will be corrected. Thanks for your help again.