spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RnAm
@69.35.211.x

RnAm

Anon

Gen4 more sensitive to rain?

I recently upgraded from my HN7000S system to the HT1100, after HN moved me to a transponder that gave terrible service.

My question is... Is the Gen4 system more sensitive to rain? About five minutes before it starts raining, my signal drops down to about 6...and it's normally out for 10-20 minutes. With my older system, it took either serious pre-rain conditions in the atmosphere or a very heavy rain to knock out my service...but the new system drops every time it rains, no matter how light the rain may be. My signal in good weather is generally 97-99.

Also just wanted to share...after 7 1/2 years on an ungrounded dish with no grounding block on my wires, I finally have a system that is grounded
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by RnAm :

Is the Gen4 system more sensitive to rain? About five minutes before it starts raining, my signal drops down to about 6...and it's normally out for 10-20 minutes.

No, there is something amiss with your setup--what is your normal signal strength?

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to RnAm

Premium Member

to RnAm
Last year I too had to switch from a 7000 system to a Gen4 HT1100.
My normal signal strength (Michigan) is around 100 - 104.
It takes a rather heavy rain to knock things out entirely. A storm with a lot of electrical activity will cause the system to drop out sooner.
My cut-off point is about 42.
For me ... weather sensitivity is about the same .. maybe a little less sensitive than my old HN7000s.

RnAm
@69.35.208.x

RnAm to tomupnorth

Anon

to tomupnorth
My normal signal strength is 97-99. Every once in a while it'll go up to 102...that was the highest the installer could get at the time of install. at the moment it's 94 [no rain, but there's a storm about 45 miles south of me at the moment].
A Tech
join:2008-11-10

A Tech to RnAm

to RnAm
in my area. deep south, signal level varies due to humidity in a kind of a sinusoidal pattern throughout the year, i.e. a different times of the year rain affects it differently. when humidity is the highest constantly you have a lower signal. This effect was noticeable on 9000's as well. How close you are to the center of the ebam has its effects as well.
RnAm
join:2014-06-29
Shady Dale, GA

RnAm

That could be my problem. I'm in Georgia. Going by the map I'm in the innermost circle of my beam...but of course the humidity is usually high this time of year.