united arab

Faraaz

VOIP Information REQ

Hello
i would like to have following information for UAE KSA and EGYPT

Country
VoIP service provider name
Package Fee
Support multi telephone numbers in one account or not? And if yes, the purpose?
Support one telephone number used by multi telephones simultaneously?
Is there any telephony business that a user need to input prefix firstly before dialing real numbers?
Support three-way calling or not?
Support voice mail or not?
Support call forwarding or not?
Support fax or not?
Support G711ALAW coding or not?
Support G722 coding or not?
Support G726 coding or not?
Does VoIP service need an independent WAN connection? And if yes, what settings?

Pls help

Thanks
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

If you are just looking for inexpensive calling *to* those countries, check AnveoDirect, CircleNet.us and Voxbeam. If quality is not paramount, see »backsla.sh/betamax .

However, if you want service for use *in* those countries, be aware that they all have strict regulations governing the use of VoIP. The laws are not uniformly enforced, e.g. see »www.arabnews.com/news/454770 .

Even where not illegal, the ISPs attempt to block VoIP by technical means, which prevents you from using most providers straightforwardly. The usual workaround is a VPN, for which you have several options:

1. Choose a provider that offers connections via VPN, e.g. »www.callwithus.com/ .

2. Get a cloud PBX account with VPN access, e.g. »www.pbxes.com/ . You can then connect it with any provider(s) of your choosing, with whom you would contract separately.

3. Get a VPS account and set it up with free or paid PBX and VPN software. Connect to the provider(s) of your choosing as above.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 edit

PX Eliezer1 to Faraaz

Premium Member

to Faraaz
said by Faraaz:

Hello
i would like to have following information for UAE KSA and EGYPT

(edited to remove OT)

The UAE government policies regarding VoIP are here (look under FAQ---Voip):
»www.tra.gov.ae/FAQ.php

Stewart gave excellent information, just be aware as he said that the government policies (as such) are very strict. Especially for people providing the services, as opposed to just using them as an individual customer.

Oman is probably even stricter.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 edit

Stewart

deleted

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

If you want to discuss the Kosher Supervision of America website and possible blocking policies - please start a thread somewhere else, so this thread can stay on topic.

Thanks.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

My fault. Sorry.

Faraaz
join:2014-06-29
united arab

Faraaz

i am working for router manufacturing company and need such information in these countries.