All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Not a Pest
@69.201.154.x

Not a Pest

Anon

[Internet] How can I tell if MAXX is live at my location?

I don't like being a pest, so is there any way I can find out, without bothering anyone at TWC, when the expected upgrade goes (or has gone) live at my (NYC) location.

Is there something I could see in my SB6141 info screens? Like higher channel numbers?

Is there some TWC link that announces/says so?

I've searched TWC's website for "MAXX" "Ultimate 300" "TWC MAXX" etc. with no luck.

Much Thanks!

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

I think you would start seeing 100/10 on that modem if you got bumped to the 300 plan.

That is when you would need to get a 16x4 modem to see speeds higher than 100/10.

Why, well because Time warner cable made a business choice they want you to rent a modem than give 8x4 modems the speeds they can support.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by why60loss:

Why, well because Time warner cable made a business choice they want you to rent a modem than give 8x4 modems the speeds they can support.

I'm going to disagree with both of these statements. I have a 16x4 modem that I purchased, so no, you don't HAVE to rent. While a 8x4 modem could do 300 if it was the only modem on all 8 channels, if there's even a single other user on that node on even 1 of those channels then neither one will see their full speed. That doesn't sound supportable to me.

/M

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to Not a Pest

Premium Member

to Not a Pest
Here both 16 channels and 4 channel upstream bonding were enabled at the same time.

You can identify the presence of 16 downstream channels bonding by having IDs greater than 8. Each time you reboot your modem you'll lock onto different channels.

Next, sometime later, the profiles get updated. 100/5 customers seems to jump up to 100/10. At this point, if you get a new 16x4 modem, you should see the 300/20 profile.

Nah - A 16x4 modem is required for good performance. You are sharing channels with other customers. You'd rarely get consistent full speeds if you needed all 8 channels dedicated to you.

The profile is set higher than 300mbps (the 100mbps profile is set at 118mbps, so the 300mbps profile is probably provisioned at around 350mbps, which is definitely NOT possible with the 8x4 modem).

The 200/20 profile is probably do-able on an 8x4 modem, but again, TWC over-provisions. 236 out of a total of 304 mbps is pushing things a bit.