spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

logandex

join:2014-01-04

[Speed Problem] I am done

Months and months and months of this internet taking a massive dump straight in my wallet for something that barely works. Streaming videos, playing online games, loading facebook is a chore or near impossible.

During the day the ping is unbearable. On servers in which I should be getting 50-70 ping I get 100 that spikse to 130 all the way up to 900. I stay in such high ping 50 minutes per hour. I dealt with this but after what I saw on my server list I am done, I am going to switch to some internet provider as soon as I can.
»cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/598 ··· 64307E1/

This is a pic of my server list. These are the highest pings during this laggy time period. There is no distance on earth to get this much ping with a stable internet connection, obviously earthlink is not stable.

Out of the some 600 serversr all were 300 above, those who were 300 were lucky to get a ping that good.

The only relief I have is in the mornings, for some reason. My ping is almost normal and very rare ping spikes.

If anyone knows how to help it would be great, or else I shall try and switch to a good isp.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

2 edits
You need something like ping plotter to see where the latency is located at as the path latency might not be where you think it is.

»www.pingplotter.com/freeware.htm ··· are.html

My line is very stable. See the image of my line monitor below. »Line Monitoring FAQ

--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

logandex

reply to logandex
Here is a small test in the morning. I am connected to a server that should be really close, about 30-40 ping it should be. As you can see it is still about 20 ping over at most times and one big ping spike.

This is the only playable time atm.

Edit- The time is screwed up, I forgot to change it before. It's 3 hours behind so this was taken at 5:35 AM

logandex

reply to logandex
Click for full size
Here is the afternoon one taken at 2:25.

As you can see this is completely bull crap. The afternoons are just rediculous.

logandex

Great I only took out my ip in one location, lol.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
reply to logandex
You have Cable, right? This is the Earthlink DSL Forum.

For help with your Earthlink Cable service, try the Earthlink Cable Forum.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

logandex

reply to logandex
I'm pretty sure I have dsl.

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
Does your modem connect via coax or a telephone cord?

logandex

reply to logandex
Coax

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to logandex
Your line trace and the fact that you use a coax cable indicates you have cable service. I moved this thread, therefore, to the Earthlink cable forum.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to logandex
There's either a problem with your line, or the node you're on is saturated.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

1 edit
reply to logandex
The people here in the ELNK Cable Forum should be able to assist you.

logandex

reply to logandex
So any way I can fix it? It hasnt been getting any better.