computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Digital Breakup on HD Premium Movie Channels--All Tvs

Hi All

Digital breakup on Premium Movie Channels, All Media Player equipped TV's, Tried calling into WOW, and got The following recorded message, all Circuits are busy, please try your call again later.

Would a restart right now be helpful or waste of time?
FJC
join:2014-06-24
Canton, MI

FJC

I had the same issue - it seemed to clear up on its own about halfway thru True Blood...
FJC

FJC to computerman2

to computerman2
Started back up again around 12:58am EDT

dfs459
@24.192.112.x

dfs459

Anon

Had the same thing happen watching the nascar race Saturday and last night TNT using the media player breaking up, Switched over to channel 23 using Qam tuner and all was fine.

Clinton twp, mi

gatownsend
join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH

gatownsend to computerman2

to computerman2
I've had no problems with this for months, but the last two or three days have been absolutely terrible. One of my recordings from last night was completely unwatchable, and live tv is almost unwatchable now. I just did an internet speed test out of curiosity, and that was fine as usual. TV is a mess right now, and it seems to be all channels. I am on the west side of Cleveland. Anyone else seeing this?

~Gary
kingofspain
join:2012-06-27
Naperville, IL

kingofspain

Been having this issue suddenly for the last two weeks. It moves frequencies and is on both SD and HD channels. Tonight FOX HD is giving issues. Funny thing its in a TStorm and the OTA FOX HD signal 25 miles away is weaker but does not have reproduce the artifacts that the stronger FOX HD WOW signal. On mythtv with HDHomeRun it produced audio chirps, on HDHomerun PC software video artifacts.

dfs459
@24.192.112.x

dfs459

Anon

Last night channels 209-TNT, A&E-218,GOLF-223,AND SI-FI-230 were all breaking up, I didn't check any others after these. This was around 9pm.

Clinton twp, Mi.
garnuts
join:2012-02-03
Columbus, OH

garnuts to computerman2

to computerman2
Same issues in Columbus, Ohio the last 3 days. Intermittent video and audio breakups on many HD channels. Sometimes the channels are unwatchable.

I do not have Ultra. The problem seems worse in the evenings.

gatownsend
Westlake, OH

to computerman2
Spoke to someone at my office today who has WOW and a Tivo. She said they were having problems with breakup and pixelation all night past night, and it has been going on for more than a week. She said it was so bad last night she tried to call WOW, but got the "all circuits are busy" message when she tried.

~Gary

tmcb82
Premium Member
join:2002-04-16
Hilliard, OH

1 edit

tmcb82 to computerman2

Premium Member

to computerman2
I don't have Ultra either and the last few days in Columbus have been really bad on HD channels.

gatownsend
Westlake, OH

to computerman2
Well, wife just called me to the bedroom to see the tv. She was trying to watch something on Investigation Discovery (253 here in Cleveland I believe), and it's completely unwatchable. No sound and the pixelation is so bad you can't even tell what's on. I just tried several other HD channels and the ONLY watchable channels were my local broadcast channels (and they look better off the air from the antenna that what I'm getting through the cable right now). Even SD channels are breaking up, but at least I get sound. We have been considering cutting the cord, and this may be the episode that pushes us there.

I called customer service and the recording that answered said they are experiencing digital breakup, they are aware of the problem, and they currently have no estimated time for a fix. Wish I could tell them I have no estimated time for when I'll pay my bill.

ARGH! I wish WOW_Dan would chime in with some information. This has been ridiculous the last couple days and it's gotten progressively worse each day.

~Gary

Annoyed
@67.149.33.x

Annoyed to computerman2

Anon

to computerman2
Tried a hard reset by unplugging hd cable box....did not help whatsoever....been dealing with this glitch and pixelating mess for almost 2weeks now, tonight is especially bad. Very frustrating, customers should be reimbursed on their bills for this awful mess.
FJC
join:2014-06-24
Canton, MI

FJC

Yeah, same problem going on here again tonight. This is getting old.

rodan1967
@69.14.166.x

rodan1967 to computerman2

Anon

to computerman2
Have been getting pixaltion on HD channels for a couple of days now. Tried calling WOW but was told over 30 hour wait to talk to rep.
dlehmer3
join:2005-07-11
Canton, MI

dlehmer3

I'm getting tired of this too. I want a credit to my account, because I cannot watch this garbage- Where's Wow_dan?
computerman2
Premium Member
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Agrees, This garbage is getting really old, either the phone is all circuits are busy, or get to thru the recording, and then decide not to wait on hold forever. But credit on the account would be a nice thing for folks dealing with this matter.

Getting worst each day too, even on more channels then previous nights.
Smuj
join:2012-12-12
Holly Springs, NC

Smuj to computerman2

to computerman2
Contacted them on Twitter and sent a picture and video as a sample. All I got was "Currently there is an outage declared. We are working to fix the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."
Not optimistic it will be fixed anytime soon.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to computerman2

to computerman2
What would be the reason two (or more) different markets would be experiencing this problem at the same time?

I don't pretend to understand how it all works but wouldn't MI and OH be two completely different systems for delivering the TV picture? Does WOW broadcast their TV from one location to all their markets? If so wouldn't everyone be having the problem? Just wondering.
computerman2
Premium Member
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Seemed to Fix itself around 1a.m. last night or so eastern time here in Gibraltar/Rockwood Michigan area, hopefully It stays fixed for this evening, super annoying trying to watch something and it's all Pixelated and audio going out as well.

Stations that had the problem

was all HD premiums
some SD Channels as well
local a little bit

400(HBO)
258(Nick)
322(NICK I think also)
and bunch of other channels last night

Tried calling WOW but hold time was super long, so ended up hanging up

gatownsend
Westlake, OH

to computerman2
I had to run over to the local office to return a cable card today, and when that was done I asked the rep what was going on with the digital break up problems. As soon as I asked I could see the exasperation on his face, and he gave some some canned response about they know about it and are working on it. This just annoyed me and I said, "I've heard that response for 4 days now, and it's only getting worse. Last night my television was virtually unwatchable, including SD channels. I never had this problem with your competitor's service, so I'm pretty annoyed and frustrated right now." The manager overheard this and interrupted to chat with me a bit. He clearly knew spewing the same old line at me while I was standing there wasn't the right thing to do.

He said they hoped to have it fixed by this weekend, and apologized for the ongoing problems (something CSR #1 didn't do that would have gotten him some mileage from me). He asked how far away I lived from the office, and I told him about 5 miles. He said if it wasn't fixed by tomorrow and I didn't mind driving back over he would work out a credit on my statement. I thanked him for taking a minute to talk with me and told him I just really wanted reliable service, but I would take him up on his offer if things weren't straightened out by tomorrow (I'm on vacation through next Tuesday, so a few minutes in the car isn't a problem). I'm wondering if I can squeeze more out of him than I might with a CSR on the phone.

TV is on now - I am watching to see if/when the problems start tonight.

~Gary

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to computerman2

Premium Member

to computerman2
All I know of this situation currently is that we are aware of the issue and trying to track down the cause. If I hear anything more, I will let you guys know. The problem is very intermittent and difficult to track down.
computerman2
Premium Member
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Thank you WOW_Dan for posting even a little bit, hopefully you'll find the issue and have it fixed permently, though hasn't done it since Tuesday night here for myself, watched all night last night, and tonight so far.. Working well so far

tmcb82
Premium Member
join:2002-04-16
Hilliard, OH

tmcb82

Premium Member

I hope to soon be a happy guy. I had a lead tech come out yesterday and after seven service calls with no resolve... he was able to find a break in the main line leading into the neighborhood box. The line repair team is coming out tomorrow to fix the break!
OldEE
Premium Member
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

OldEE to computerman2

Premium Member

to computerman2
Had same issues here in NE Columbus (Westerville) with channels 245, 278, 292,294, thru 296. I thought I might have to re-arrange my splitter connections as it looked like weak signal problem. Next morning, Wed I believe, all was well. My thoughts at the time were that all the rain and flooding was taking its toll on the system. (Magically )
dlehmer3
join:2005-07-11
Canton, MI

dlehmer3 to Just_Dan

to Just_Dan
How can I get a credit to my account? Can you do it?