Search similar:

uniqs
scroggrj
join:2006-08-05
Winter Springs, FL

2 edits

scroggrj

[Other] Republic Wireless service

Purchased a Republic Wireless Moto G with 16MB storage a month ago. Works great! Ported (transferred) my existing AT&T cell phone number last week. Took only two days for the port to complete, both Voice and Data. Great service in my house via my existing WIFI. Great service not on WIFI also for Voice and Messaging in my area. Bluetooth also works great with my Chrysler Uconnect to answer incoming calls and initiate outgoing calls.

Republic has three different calling plans as follows.
A $5.00 per month for unlimited Voice, Messaging and Data on WIFI only.
A $10.00 per month plan for unlimited Voice, Messaging and Data on WIFI and unlimited Voice and Messaging while not on WIFI.
A$ 20.00 per month plan for unlimited Voice, Messaging, and Data while on WIFI and while not on WIFI.
While not on WIFI, the phone uses Sprint, so check you Spring coverage in your area to make sure you will have service when not on WIFI.

I use the $10.00 per month plan.

If you have any questions or problems relating to the above link, please let me know. If you have questions regarding Republic Wireless or the Motorola Moto G, please ask.

Again phone is great.
Expand your moderator at work
TechMike
join:2008-06-09
Denver, CO

TechMike to scroggrj

to scroggrj

Re: [Other] Republic Wireless service

I just signed up for Republic Wireless as well. Got the Moto G with 16GB. I didn't even know they made them with 16MB

Also, the Cell,text and 3G data plan is $25 not $20. I'm on the $25/mo plan. Should add that if you get a Moto X, there's a $40/mo plan that includes 4G LTE data.

There are two problems with the service I've run into:
1. Short codes via SMS don't quite work yet, though they're working on it.
2. I can't roam in the Colorado mountains, despite coverage maps saying I should be able to. They're working on it.

Great service otherwise. The automagic WiFi calling is amazing, especially in my basement with poor coverage from Sprint.

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to scroggrj

MVM

to scroggrj
Yeah, I joined too with the $25 plan and got the moto G 16GB also. I've been as happy with this service as Verizon so far. Different quirks, but it works ok. My only real bitch is the short codes. Otherwise the wifi and roaming work well for me.

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to scroggrj

Premium Member

to scroggrj
Thanks for this thread as I'm poised to make the jump to smarty phone + ditch the once wondrous, now crap PagePlus.

Have been wary of latency issues with voice over WiFi + dropouts when call is handed off between cell & WiFi. You guys been seeing smooth handoffs?

beck
MVM
On The Road

beck to scroggrj

MVM

to scroggrj
It hands off ok. Since I'm in fringe area, I have it stuck to wifi unless there is NO wifi. It hands off ok. But sometimes has static because I don't have a good phone signal. When it hands off to Verizon here, sometimes it's good and sometimes not. But that is the way it was with Verizon. If you are in a more urban area, you might not notice anything. I was on my friend's wifi last weekend and walked outside and got handed off to regular Sprint cell and didn't notice until I was going to hang up.

YMMV. But they have the 30 money back thing for you to try it. If you like it, you can xfer your number once to you keep the service.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to scroggrj

Premium Member

to scroggrj
Is Republic the same as Verizon?

beck
MVM
On The Road

beck to scroggrj

MVM

to scroggrj
If you are asking the foot print, no. Republic runs on 1) wifi, 2) Sprint and will roam on 3) Verizon.