spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kramsde2
join:2014-06-30
Toledo, OH

kramsde2

[DSL] Network Upgrade

Does anyone know why Frontier refuses to upgrade their network? Here in Ohio, Frontier hasn't done anything as far as network upgrades goes. While I know it's a very expensive task, I don't understand why they won't invest like AT&T or Century Link has.
n2ubp
join:2007-07-13
Middletown, NY

n2ubp

When I terminated my DSL contract in February, one of the help desk folks I spoke with said that all the upgrades were being made in West Virginia and upgrades in other areas would happen after West Virginia was complete. I didn't believe this when I heard it, however corporate Amerika works in mysterious ways.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

1 edit

Hank

Premium Member

said by n2ubp:

said that all the upgrades were being made in West Virginia

If it is happening in West Virginia then your in for a long wait. The upgrades in most of West Virginia are minimal as majority of customer Speeds for rural customers, which is majority, in most of the state remain 3 mbps or less.

Doug Huffman
join:2007-07-27
Washington Island, WI

Doug Huffman

We pay for 3 Mbps service but are legacy infrastructure limited to 1.5 Mbps. Being a minuscule market fraction, remote, isolated and rural ... Reliable 1.5 Mbps is a blessing.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

said by Doug Huffman:

Reliable

Key word!
mikeluscher159
join:2011-09-04

mikeluscher159 to Doug Huffman

to Doug Huffman
What legacy infrastructure?
A POTS splitter, better modem, and gone over with a comb wiring should extract the most out of DSL. If your limited on the other end, I honestly feel bad for you guys.