Search similar:

uniqs

johnburns
join:2004-10-14
Oklahoma City, OK

2 recommendations

johnburns

[OK] Cox Support

Many of us are eager to criticize Cox for things we don't like or agree with. I want to post my good experience with my last Cox Support call. On Sunday, June 22, I had a support call. ( I had been having problems with my Internet and Phone.) The Cox technician who made the service call was excellent!. I wish I had obtained his name, so I could publicly give him recognition by name. He was efficient, friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough. He took his time - checked and replaced a line from the pole (possibly squirrels had been gnawing on it), as well as all connectors inside and out. He showed and explained things to me as he corrected them. If all tech's who represent Cox were more like him, Cox Customer Relations would be very good. I did email Cox and let them know I was pleased, as well as post in Cox Support Forums. Good service needs to be recognized.
GreyWolfX42
join:2001-08-25
Tulsa, OK

GreyWolfX42

I get one of the good ones about 1 in 5 visits. When a sub-contractor appears at the door, I give them about 5 minutes to demonstrate they are competent or else I tell them to pack it up and leave.

Ender3rd
join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
·Frontier FiberOp..

Ender3rd to johnburns

to johnburns
As GreyWolf mentioned, it's a roll of the dice when a Cox contractor's truck rolls up the driveway. Sometimes they are excellent and other times they struggle with basic troubleshooting and problem solving. With most stubborn problems here (usually related to the 35 year-old hardline infrastructure in my rural location that struggles with frequencies above 800 MHz) a real Cox technician shows up to handle the third visit. That's usually when everything starts to roll and I give the real Cox techs very high marks for resolving plant issues promptly. I'm amazed they can make the 1 GHZ plant work as well as it does given that what's out there on the street is marginal at the top end of the spectrum and gives new meaning to "slope" issues!

You are absolutely correct that good service needs to be recognized. I usually get a Cox service survey request a week or two after a residential visit to rate the technician who was sent out. Maybe you'll get one of those to let them know about your good experience.

Regards - Ender