Search similar:

uniqs
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 edit

2 recommendations

Stewart

Anyone tried Switch2Voip.us?

Looking for a DID, I stumbled across »switch2voip.us/ and found an interesting pricing model: US and Canadian users pay no setup or monthly charges at all.

Incoming calls are billed per minute at $0.0045 (Canada) and $0.009 (US). Outgoing calls per minute are $0.0045 to Canada and $0.008 to US geographic numbers. You can send an arbitrary caller ID or anonymous; incoming and outgoing channels are unlimited.

There are several gotchas:
- 911 service is not available.
- Minimum deposit is $25, though they claim to refund unused balance at any time, no questions asked.
- Balance is forfeited if no incoming or outgoing calls for 30 days, though it otherwise does not expire.
- Very spartan feature set; no voicemail or call forwarding.
- Cost of each call is rounded up to next cent, after rounding up to next minute.
- Calls to toll-free numbers are billed at $0.022/min.
- Billing starts 40 seconds after dialing, or when call is answered, whichever occurs first.
- No LNP, in or out.
- Canadian DIDs are available in only 11 major cities, though US coverage is good.

Edited to add billing on unanswered calls.

robbyglack
@50.243.146.x

robbyglack

Anon

if they allow multiple numbers on a single account it could be interesting for people who need several numbers with light usage on each.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by robbyglack :

if they allow multiple numbers on a single account it could be interesting for people who need several numbers with light usage on each.

They do, but you must open a ticket to get additional numbers, and I'd be surprised if they don't require some minimum usage level.

An account is not required to open a ticket. If this is of interest to you, please ask and report what conditions they require.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

1 recommendation

N9MD to Stewart

Premium Member

to Stewart
A bit of web searching indicates that this is primarily a company that provides DIDs to calling centers (yuchh!) ... hence, the absence of useful features such as Call Forwarding and Voice Mail.

John Abbott is the corporate name that pops up for this company which is based in Olympia WA.

Here's the part that should be a turnoff to potential residential and small business customers:

"Switch2Voip is a low cost wholesale VoIP leading provider for call centers small/large business looking to save on their phone calls. While Switch2Voip offers VoIP calling plans to home, residential and business customers it focuses their marketing efforts servicing companies using predictive dialers to make calls. Residential users can also benefit of their wholesale rates. This company offers Free USA DID's."

»www.manta.com/c/mx4c86h/ ··· -centers

I might add that the quote shown above is typical of some of the pop-up companies we have seen in the past ... wherein the grammar & syntax are somewhat poorly constructed: "It focuses their ..." and "users can benefit of ..."

As has been said in the past, potential US/Canada customers' first impressions are formed from their initial viewings of the website. Improper language usage can be a turnoff when looking to market to EFL (English as a First Language) folks.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1 to Stewart

Premium Member

to Stewart

Unlike Many other carriers, Switch2Voip does not shy away from dialer traffic. In fact, dialer SIP termination, voice broadcasting termination and call center SIP services is what we specialize in.

Our routes are dialer friendly and we do not apply penalties or surcharges for dialer traffic. Our billing increments and rounding are tailored to contact center termination to ensure you are not penalized for short duration calls typical for predictive dialing. As well, our infrastructure and the infrastructure of downstream carriers have been extensively tested for high calls per second (CPS) usage typical of dialer traffic....

Why would I want to have any dealings with those who torment me?

Adam4
Premium Member
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4

Premium Member

With a VOIP provider like that I could... Dare I say it? Rule the world!
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by Adam4:

With a VOIP provider like that I could... Dare I say it? Rule the world!

Or get a president elected, anyway.

cf:
"The Tunnel under the World" by Frederik Pohl (1954).