share rss forum feed

Corrine
Premium
join:2004-08-27
kudos:2

1 edit

5 recommendations

WinPatrol: Changing of the Guard

As many devoted WinPatrol fans know, the past few years have presented some difficult challenges for the Pytlovany family. As a result, Bill made the tough decision to seek a new owner of WinPatrol.

The primary prerequisite for a new owner of WinPatrol was that the person have the same high ethical standards as Bill, someone who strongly believes in conducting security business the right way. That prerequisite has been met by Bret Lowry who told me, in part:

quote:
No pop-ups, no add-ins, no toolbars, none of the stuff programs put in simply as a way of trying to drive revenue w/o adding value to their customers. I won’t do that. Bill has run WinPatrol with integrity for 16+ years now, I will continue that tradition.
Bret also provided his approval for the continuation of our unofficial support site, WinPatrol Help & Information, at LandzDown Forum.

Additional information is available in my blog post at WinPatrol: Changing of the Guard and Bill's announcement at Bits from Bill: WinPatrol™ Generation II.
--
Microsoft MVP
Visit the Security Garden, Where Everything is Coming up Roses"

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
Thanks for the info Corrine....All the very best to Bill on his new journey....and a welcome aboard to the new owner Bret..

HA Nut
Premium
join:2004-05-13
USA
reply to Corrine
Thanks for the news Corrine!

To Bill... Just an awesome, class act! Thanks so much for all you've done!! I wish you the best of luck down the road.

To Bret... Welcome aboard indeed! You're taking the helm of something special!

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA
kudos:4
reply to Corrine
said by Corrine:

unofficial support site, WinPatrol Help & Information, at LandzDown Forum.

URL seems to have an extraneous prefix. Should be....

»www.landzdown.com/winpatrol-help···rmation/

Thanks for the information.
--
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt

Corrine
Premium

1 recommendation

Thank you! I corrected the original post. BTW, Bret has registered at LzD and add his comment here: »www.landzdown.com/winpatrol-help···sg168041
--
Microsoft MVP

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Corrine
Thanks so much for the info Corrine See Profile.
I see nothing wrong with the new transition, however I may delay upgrading to new future versions for a bit. Probably being over cautious but I just want to monitor user feedback on the newer versions under Bret.
»www.ruiware.com/

Corrine
Premium

1 recommendation

Keep in mind, Dustyn, that Bill is still working on WinPatrol during the transition. In fact, with the version 32 (point whatever ), Bret contributed but I understand Bill had already been working on the update.
--
Microsoft MVP

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
Ahh okay, sounds good thanks.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to Corrine
Thank you Corrine

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Corrine
I thought Brett's name sounded familiar. Then I realized it was a name from the past when I had Counterspy. I think the world of Alex Eckelberry and communicated with him quite a bit back then. I also communicated with Brett along with other fine Sunbelt employees. I think Brett is a fine choice and am very glad Bill was able to find someone with integrity and vision to continue WinPatrol.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

BIGbadjohn
This bad boy stole one of my birds.-
Premium
join:2003-03-05
Ireland
reply to Corrine
Thanks to Corrine. I too will hold my breath when asked to make further contributions to the much loved WinPatrol. Looks by reaction here WinPatrol could be in good hands.

Corrine
Premium
reply to Mele20
You hit the nail on the heat, Mele20: "someone with integrity and vision".

Corrine
Premium

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to BIGbadjohn
Of course the choice is yours after the contact I have had with Bret, I am confident that he will move forward with WinPatrol with as much care as Bill has all these years.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Corrine
Sounds like Bill made a good choice, and picked someone who understands his vision.

Thanks, Bill, for all of your hard work and for your great program. And best of luck to Bret.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
And I read Bret's comments and saw that the license was good for all of my computers.

I MUST learn to read more carefully.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to Corrine
said by Corrine:

Of course the choice is yours after the contact I have had with Bret, I am confident that he will move forward with WinPatrol with as much care as Bill has all these years.

Right on!!