uniqs

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

[TV] What female DC superhero should the Arrow producers tackle?

Now that The Arrow is established and The Flash looks like it's in good hands, it seems to me the next item on the DC agenda should be adding a female DC superhero to the CW line-up.

I think that Wonder Woman might be out of the discussion since she's going to be in the new Batman v. Superman movie.

In The Flash thread, Super Girl was mentioned by Snakeoil.

Are there any other female superheroes that have good name recognition?

Could Cat Woman be categorized as a superhero?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Hawkgirl.

But I would prefer a really good Wonder Woman show though.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
I think the problem is that there are so few stand-alone yet well known female superheroines. If you have Catwoman, people are going to want to know where Batman is. Supergirl is Superman's cousin. Maybe Powergirl? But she has strong ties to Supes as well, and then you'd have to get into the whole multiverse thing.

I'm thinking Zatanna might be a good answer. Plus that show would be fun as hell.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Zatanna really isn't a "super her" , besides with the outfit she'll wear the fembots will be screaming oppression .

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

She's not a metahhuman, but if Green Arrow is superhero enough for his own series so is Zatanna. . Yeah I'm sure they'd do something about the costume...

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

How about redoing Birds of Prey? Maybe they'll get it right this time.

Miss Martian?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
DC has a really weak female super hero line up when compared to Marvel.

That said, Black Widow was never really an interesting character until Scarlett Johansen took over the role in the Marvel cinematic universe which shows that even a secondary character can get top billing if the right writers are involved.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to juilinsandar

MVM

to juilinsandar
My issue with the recent DC TV shows is that the actors they are choosing are too young in appearance and are better suited IMO for Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Having said that, if not Wonder Woman then Wonder Girl,.....

StarFire,...maybe,...

Zatanna,....sure why not,...
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to juilinsandar

MVM

to juilinsandar
Methinks Supergirl / Kara Zor-El may not fly (pardon the pun) given she was already done on Smallville.

I think Zatanna'd be interesting, though @elwoodblues See Profile are we talking pre-New 52 costume -- which
has the fishnets and onepiece -- or post-New 52? I'd think Starfire's orange skin and purple
bikini(ish) clothing would probably get a bigger negative reaction than Zatanna.

Black Canary, perhaps?

The Outsiders? Or the Legion of Superheroes? If we're expanding our scope to superhero teams.

My 00000010bits

Regards

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

With Black Canary having already been introduced in Arrow and the actress established, the ingredients are there for a pretty smooth transition to a TV show.

Come to think of it, Huntress has also been introduced so that's 2/3 of the Birds of Prey team.

Has Oracle been introduced on Arrow? I don't remember.

I think that compared to 2002 more people are interested in comic book based shows so Birds of Prey would have a better chance of surviving and thriving than it did a decade ago.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to HELLFIRE

Premium Member

to HELLFIRE
Don't read comic books? I see what you mean, yeah the post 52 would go over better. But to get those teenage male eyes. you need pre 52.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Considering that Zatanna was used in the Justice League cartoon and no one had a problem with it, I doubt anyone will complain about it here either.

As long as they don't overdo the look by sticking her in a g-string like certain artists like to do...

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

SRFireside to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
Harley Quinn apparently already made a cameo.

»comicsalliance.com/arrow ··· t-photo/

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I think she was in one of the cells in the spy agency's basement when they had to take the trip to eastern europe to kill the guy that Diggle saved in Afghanistan.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

I think she was in one of the cells in the spy agency's basement when they had to take the trip to eastern europe to kill the guy that Diggle saved in Afghanistan.

I remember that and got a big kick out of it. Pure fan service.

Tenar
join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

Tenar to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
Batgirl would be cool, but there's already that Gotham show with characters from batman, although she would be a different time line.

I like the idea of Miss Martian or Zatanna.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SRFireside

Premium Member

to SRFireside
said by SRFireside:

Harley Quinn apparently already made a cameo.

»comicsalliance.com/arrow ··· t-photo/

Cool!!! I didn't catch that!