All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

pquesinb
join:2009-04-20
Severn, MD

pquesinb

Interesting Aastra bug - anyone else noticed?

I've run across an interesting bug on the Aastra 9480i and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across it.

We're hosting business VoIP on FreeSWITCH servers and are in the process of migrating to an updated setup on another server and I recently set line 4 on my 9480i to register to the new server. The extension number is the same as line 1 going to the old server, but the address/domain, etc. info is of course different.

With line 4 set to register to the same extension on a different server, the phone returns 404 NOT FOUND when it receives the invite from the old server to ring line 1. Changing line 4 to a different extension number (phone number/authentication name) fixes the problem. Odd.

I recall running across this problem once before when playing around with a different server a while back. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

The phone is running the latest firmware: 3.3.1.3277 as of tonight.

-Phil

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

Yes I have found this and reported it about a year ago, on the 55i and 57i.

pquesinb
join:2009-04-20
Severn, MD

pquesinb

I'm thinking that I reported it as well, quite some time ago. It's good to know that they're taking care of the problems...

The most recent firmware update had *lots* of fixes and enhancements but that bug still remains.