Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

Need a decent NAT router/WiFi for 60mbps cable internet.

Need some opinions. And Money is an object is this case :-/..

The service is 60/4mbps cable internet, only 3-4 people using it at any given time.

DD-WRT or Tomato capable would be a plus and preferred but not required.

No need to worry about LAN to LAN transfers simply the 60mbps WAN to LAN over wireless.

5ghz not needed.

Similar or higher power/gain is highly preferred (current is 100mw WRT54GS with 6dbi Antennas) so replaceable antennas would be a plus since the back bedroom already on the fringe of WiFi service.

Background: This is a Fire station and our internet is being upgraded from 3/.7mbps DSL to 60/4mbps cable and as posted above the wrt54gs just isn't gonna cut it. We are getting simply a modem from the cable co. and the county will not be upgrading the router (we are lucky to even be getting a new ISP but only because it is the same price and bundled with TV that is being installed)

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

I would suggest the Asus RT-N16, or RT-N12 if your budget is really tight.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to Napsterbater

MVM

to Napsterbater
Got a specific dollar figure in mind Napsterbater See Profile ? Just so we've a reference point.

Preference for G? N single band? AC? Don't care?

My initial 00000010bits

Regards

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater

MVM

Sadly, as cheap as possibly that would support the 60mbps. because this is probably coming out of my pocket, might get a few guys to chip in.

The RT-N12 is looking promising.

Although I just remembered I have a TP-Link TL-WR741ND that I got through the Samknows program that is currently unused and since they don't track my current provider it is not hooked up, I may look at flashing it with DD-WRT and using it.
switchman
join:1999-11-06

switchman to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater
You would be better off with the RT-N16. Load tomato on it, I use Shibbys and you would be good to go.

Enable the QoS capability. Set it at 80% of you line rate and you should be fine.