cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

1 edit

cchheett

Premium Member

I must of done something wrong with firefox?

When I open my browser "Firefox" I used to have a list of search engines on the top on the right hand site. Now for what ever reason it is gone. I must of done something, but I don't know how to change it back. When I click the right button i can click customize , but it totally looks different then it used to be. Thanks for your time.

Added picture

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc

Premium Member

Do you have Context Search installed?
»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· rprofile
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

redwolfe_98 to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
said by cchheett:

When I click the right button i can click customize

with the older versions of firefox, you can click "view", in firefox's menu-bar, at the top-left, then "toolbars", then "customize", which opens a "customize toolbar" window.. if the "search" dialogue-box is gone, i would think that you must have drug it-and-dropped it in the "customize toolbar" window.. to restore the "search" dialogue-box, drag it back from the "customize toolbar" window to the firefox-toolbar..

open firefox's "customize toolbar" window, look for the "search" dialogue-box there, then drag it back onto firefox's toolbar-menu, to where it was, before..

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
Add removed search engine.
»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· ?atype=4
I did this as I recently removed Bing.

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

cchheett to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
said by redwolfe_98:

said by cchheett:

When I click the right button i can click customize

with the older versions of firefox, you can click "view", in firefox's menu-bar, at the top-left, then "toolbars", then "customize", which opens a "customize toolbar" window.. if the "search" dialogue-box is gone, i would think that you must have drug it-and-dropped it in the "customize toolbar" window.. to restore the "search" dialogue-box, drag it back from the "customize toolbar" window to the firefox-toolbar..

open firefox's "customize toolbar" window, look for the "search" dialogue-box there, then drag it back onto firefox's toolbar-menu, to where it was, before..

Thanks for the information. You were right. Some how i drug the search place somewere else. I drug it to were you suggested and it works. Thanks for all the help guys.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

If you restore the defaults as per my screenshot, that should bring back all those annoying search engines you'll never use.

Good luck ! Post back if you need more help, that's what peers do.