join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..
reply to Termites

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase July Rollout Date for Preferred/Premier

Rates are not going changing.

"This increase marks our continuing commitment to providing customers the fastest speeds available in the state, while responding to their needs for more speed and bandwidth allowances without a change in their current rate," stated Steve Rizley Sr., Vice President/General Manager, Cox Communication Southwest".

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

the increase will come in February, as it does every year

lazyndrunk

join:2002-02-03
Gilbert, AZ

1 edit
reply to rgs_rx

So I just power cycled my modem before I go to sleep to see if the double speed kicked in yet. I'm on premier by the way. My download speeds are now cut in half. What the hell cox?

Ian_G

join:2004-02-08
Salt Lake City, UT
reply to rgs_rx

Is there any change in the data cap with the new speeds? I'm on preferred in Arkansas which got the upgrade a couple of days ago and when I check my usage for the month it shows a 300gb limit instead of 250gb. Just wondering if this is a permanent change or will reset itself next month.

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR

don't worry about the stupid caps I have gone over by a lot. All they do is send a email. I am in Alma AR.

antonio010

join:2002-11-24
reply to rgs_rx

Modem rebooted here a few minutes ago on its own. Just did a speed test and I am getting higher speeds here.

I'm in Chandler, AZ.

ginaav

join:2005-12-22
Tempe, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

Just did a speed test here, and I'm now at half the speed I was yesterday here in Tempe.

chatter

join:2002-05-18
USA
reply to rgs_rx

Update for Arizona -- yesterday we were told 7/25 is now the target date for Arizona. Sorry should have posted this earlier....

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to rgs_rx

just rebooted my modem now and got the speed increase. and im in north phoenix

dslmike

join:2009-02-07
Surprise, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

I noticed yesterday I went from 8x3 to 8x4, but no speed increase. This morning the speed increase came.

avillafane1

join:2003-04-08
Phoenix, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

everyone in central phoenix some cable modems need to reset to see the new double speeds just got done today thanks cox

phxuser

join:2010-03-16
Scottsdale, AZ

North Scottsdale...Had to reboot DPQ3212 to get higher speeds. Download speed has doubled on Premier.

lazyndrunk

join:2002-02-03
Gilbert, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

Just woke up and power cycled my modem again. All is working now.

Steve Clark

join:2001-06-10
Peoria, AZ

said by lazyndrunk:

Just woke up and power cycled my modem again. All is working now.

Wow. I just rebooted my modem and found this...
Download - 116.72 Mb/s
Upload - 11.93Mb/s
Glad I read your post!

The Patient

@98.177.243.x
reply to dslmike

Click for full size

Speed increase confirmed in Surprise, AZ...

Weeeeeee!

liht
Acryllicht

join:2000-07-11
Paradise Valley, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

I rebooted mine last night...didn't see much increase.
Went from 30/7 to 48/7. I mean yeah...18mbit difference, but that doesn't seem like much and could just be a difference in times tested.

the reboot took FOREVER last night.
--
werd

sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to rgs_rx

Tried a speedtest 10 mins ago.. Same old speed..

Rebooted modem.. 3 mins ago.

ginaav

Tempe, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

Still no increase on my end in Tempe. I have a Motorola SB6121. Rebooted it. I went from 30 to 34 just now, but nothing close to 50+. Is it my modem? I thought SB6121's were Doc 3.0 and could handle the new speeds.

mattybaby

join:2003-05-14
Phoenix, AZ
reply to The Patient

Southeast Phoenix
I had to reboot my Cisco DPC3010 modem to get the new speeds. My IP address and firmware did not change.
The ScaleMatix San Diego speedtest site that I always use started at 67.x megabits per sec, then dropped to 57 per task manager. The uploads were the same as before (1st burst to 29, then 5.7).

Azpen30

@204.17.20.x
reply to The Patient

Is anyone getting the new 100+ speeds on a 4X4 modem? or only the 8x4?

ginaav

Tempe, AZ
reply to rgs_rx

Okay. Just checked my desktop computer, and it is at the higher speeds, but my laptop is not. Any suggestions?

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77

Are you testing wireless by chance? Wireless has it's limitation.

ginaav

Tempe, AZ

My laptop is wireless. The desktop is connected to my router. Will I not see the new speeds on my laptop then? I have a Motorola SB6121 and a Netgear wnr2000v3 router. The router is a couple of years old. Would an upgraded router make a difference?

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA

A lot of variables factor into wifi performance. For starters, the phy link speed needs to be considered that. That'll be the speed windows shows in the connection status. That will be impacted by distance and interference between the PC and the router. You'll then need to factor in overhead and thus divide that phy link number in roughly half. From there also consider that actual speeds will be reduced by other devices using the wifi.

ginaav

Tempe, AZ

Okay. I do have a few devices connected to my router/wifi connection. Would a newer router help at all? Or should I save my money?

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA

The short answer, probably not. Wifi is a bus technology. This means for example that the wifi speeds a router is rated for are shared by all devices. A newer wireless-AC router has much higher phy link support however most devices in consumer's homes now wireless-N and wouldn't benefit. Personally I've always considered wifi a connection of convenience and not much so performance. When I want to do any sort of large data transfers with my laptop I usually prefer to plug in the Ethernet.

ginaav

Tempe, AZ

Thank you for taking the time to help! I just called the customer service number, and after I got dropped from one person in error, the second was less than helpful. You helped more than they did. My router is a couple of years old, but I'll hold off for now.

ThatGuy1600

@72.211.150.x
reply to Azpen30

said by Azpen30 :

Is anyone getting the new 100+ speeds on a 4X4 modem? or only the 8x4?

I have the SB6121 (which I believe is 4x4) & I am getting the speed increase.

zshadow

join:2008-05-31
reply to Azpen30

Yep SB6121 here... »www.speedtest.net/result/3641238460.png

RiPPn

join:2007-11-15
Phoenix, AZ

Just power cycled and have the doubled speed here in south Phoenix. Thanks Cox!