uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Two Canadians Make it to Semis at Wimbeldon

Raonic and Bouchard have both made it to the semis. First time ever in a grand slam Tennis event.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN

Premium Member

Well done to both. They face tough opponents in those semi matches. Regardless of the outcome, they have done us proud. Both on and off the court.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

I watched Raonic today, looked good and dominating against that Aussie kid. But, he meets Federer in the semis, and clearly that's no cake walk. Quite a step up in competition from one round to the next.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

you never know...Nadal got beaten by someone ranked something like 110th.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Lets hope for dual Canadian Finalists!!

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
These young Canadians have a whole lot of potential.
A little off Canada, did anyone watch the Tsonga-Djokovitch match?
Holy crap, what a match.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

you never know...Nadal got beaten by someone ranked something like 110th.

The same guy that Raonic beat today.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Bouchard just won, she is in the finals

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

Bouchard just won, she is in the finals

Yaay. With her gorgeous good looks she could make a fortune in endorsements. At the tender age of 20 she become the face of women's tennis for years to come.

Milos still has Djokovich, Nadal, Murray a much tougher hill to climb every major.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Murray is out. So is Nadal. Raonic has Federer in the semis, which is a daunting task. If he makes it through that, he most likely has Djokovic. So, he's definitely got a tough road.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Murray is out. So is Nadal. Raonic has Federer in the semis, which is a daunting task. If he makes it through that, he most likely has Djokovic. So, he's definitely got a tough road.

yea, as was mentioned before, Raonic has the tougher go...with Serena not feeling well, the women's side is pretty open...the men's division is damn tough...even if Raonic doesn't win, to be able to play with the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic is an accomplishment all on its own.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Sure is.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
The women's side is more open. The Williams sisters are at the end of their careers. The is no completely dominant player out there. Bouchard has a bright future ahead of her. She's a gorgeous young woman with a lot of talent, poise and personality.

The men's side is harder. Nadal, Murray, Federer and Djokovic are not going away and all 4 are tough opponents. Milos still has a bit to go to hang with them, but he's only 23.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Federer will retire soon enough (arthritis?), and so will Nadal, if his knees keep messing up on him.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by EUS:

Federer will retire soon enough (arthritis?), and so will Nadal, if his knees keep messing up on him.

Federer is on the downside of his career but he is still very good.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Beautiful player, almost every hit is poetry in motion.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

Eugenie in the Finals..........cool

»www.tsn.ca/tennis/story/ ··· d=456325

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to donoreo

to donoreo

Re: Two Canadians Make it to Semis at Wimbeldon

Bouchard is crazy hot and appears to be really nice, on top of her godly skills. Her family got lots of press coverage last year when she was climbing her way up the charts 10 positions at a time. Her dad appears to be very involved with her career, he was at Salut Bonjour not too long ago.

At 20, as it's been said, she has an incredible career ahead of her. She's now guaranteed 1.6M, or 3.2M if she wins. At 20.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Wonder what the deal is with this fan?

»www.imdb.com/name/nm1433 ··· tt_cl_t2

he promised her a cameo on the show................but he is gay?

Although if anyone could change someone's mind.............it could be Eugenie. lol

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

That's the third time in this thread where Bouchards' looks have been mentioned. That really confirms my belief that women's sports are taken seriously only in proportion to the attractiveness of the participants.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Or we are a bunch of guys. She is a great athlete. Ever hear women talk of sports? It is about how good looking the guys are or are not.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
Damn right. lol

It does help...........one of the early reasons I started to watch women's tennis was Steffi Graf.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
True, my wife's (who is a big fan of tennis) biggest complaint is that the men no longer wear the tight shorts they did in the 70's.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Wonder what the deal is with this fan?

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Although if anyone could change someone's mind.............it could be Eugenie. lol

interesting...i didn't know Jim Parsons was gay (not that it matters, just didn't know that he was).

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner

Sorry, but she has nothing on ivanovic.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Damn right. lol

It does help...........one of the early reasons I started to watch women's tennis was Steffi Graf.

Hey, I'm no better. I started watching women's golf because of Michelle Wie and Paula Creamer.
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Wonder what the deal is with this fan?

said by ZZZZZZZ:

What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Nothing...........was just curious as to why he was so prominent in following her around.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

Brit fan favorite

»www.telegraph.co.uk/spor ··· ite.html
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

LONDON (AP) — Wimbledon finalist Eugenie Bouchard has a big fan in actor Jim Parsons of "The Big Bang Theory."

The three-time Emmy winner has been following Bouchard's progress at the All England Club, and he was sitting with the Canadian tennis player's family in the guest box at Centre Court during the semifinals Thursday.

When Bouchard's 7-6 (5), 6-2 victory over Simona Halep ended, Parsons joined in with the celebratory handshakes and hugs in the stands.

Bouchard said the two met through their respective agents and have been in contact for about a year, trading emails and discussing similarities between acting and sports.

"He's emailed me after every single match I've played. He's more positive than all of my team combined. So it's a refreshing change to get a nice email with exclamation marks and smiley faces," Bouchard said. "I'm such a big fan of his show. He says he's such a big fan of me. So it's really cool that he's here to finally watch me live."

CBS announced in March it would renew Parson's program — TV's most-watched sitcom — for three more years.