All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zhelder7
join:2007-04-18
Fair Lawn, NJ

zhelder7

Best FiOS Triple Play Deal for Existing Customers?

Just wondering what the best deals existing customers are able to get from Verizon for a triple play package. After talking to the retentions department, I was able to get them down to $149.99 per month for the ultimate TV package with HBO and NFL Red Zone, 75/35 Internet service, and phone with a two-year contract. It's going to work out to about $5 more per month over what I paid in my previous contract, which I didn't think was too bad.

Has anyone with existing service managed to get any better deals for this package? Excluding the people getting better deals by going through the rigmarole of canceling and then re-signing up for service as a new customer, of course. Thanks for any info.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by zhelder7:

Just wondering what the best deals existing customers are able to get from Verizon for a triple play package. After talking to the retentions department, I was able to get them down to $149.99 per month for the ultimate TV package with HBO and NFL Red Zone, 75/35 Internet service, and phone with a two-year contract. It's going to work out to about $5 more per month over what I paid in my previous contract, which I didn't think was too bad.

Has anyone with existing service managed to get any better deals for this package? Excluding the people getting better deals by going through the rigmarole of canceling and then re-signing up for service as a new customer, of course. Thanks for any info.

I just renewed online and it was $139.99 for 75/35, Ultimate HD and home phone. RedZone is included with the Ultimate HD. And they also had HBO + Starz for $16 for 12 months. Which is half price. I would not have wanted to commit to it for two years.

At the time the 150/65 tier was only $20 more which was my current speed. But now after switching to the new 2 year contract, they would want $40 more for me to switch back to the 150/65 tier. I should have just stayed with the 150/65 tier instead of dropping down to the 75/35 to save a few bucks. If I had known this before hand/

rpjoe
Premium Member
join:2007-09-22
Rochelle Park, NJ

rpjoe to zhelder7

Premium Member

to zhelder7
Ultimate, 50/25, DV $135. I renewed 2 months ago online. as you can see, I'm also in Bergen.

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo
join:1999-10-18
Camarillo, CA

almahix to zhelder7

to zhelder7
2 yr Extreme, 50/25, digital voice $114 after discounts +34 movies +39 dvr/stbs. Same as last 2 yr period. Ultimate didn't add anything I didn't already have that I wanted.
flipmeister
join:2014-07-10

flipmeister to zhelder7

to zhelder7
I was offered $104.99 to renew my triple play - Ultimate TV-35/35 internet-phone plus a year of HBO free.

Once I scheduled a disconnect I was offered a new package for Extreme TV, 50/25 internet, phone plus 6 months of the every movie channel package for $79.99

I went with a double play of 75/35 internet and Prime TV plus 1 year of HBO for $64.99 with a new 2 year contract since the only people who call my land line are telemarkets and collection agencies looking for people who used to have my number.

The rates they offer for going through the hassle of canceling are good enough to justify the hassle.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by flipmeister:

I was offered $104.99 to renew my triple play - Ultimate TV-35/35 internet-phone plus a year of HBO free.

Once I scheduled a disconnect I was offered a new package for Extreme TV, 50/25 internet, phone plus 6 months of the every movie channel package for $79.99

I went with a double play of 75/35 internet and Prime TV plus 1 year of HBO for $64.99 with a new 2 year contract since the only people who call my land line are telemarkets and collection agencies looking for people who used to have my number.

The rates they offer for going through the hassle of canceling are good enough to justify the hassle.

Can you show screen shots from my verizon fios page? where it shows all the discounts that is CRAZY deal right there.
psucutie
join:2014-07-08
New York, NY

psucutie to flipmeister

to flipmeister
Did you actually go through with the disconnect online and then they offered you that deal? or did you talk to reps?

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to zhelder7

Premium Member

to zhelder7
I'm wondering too. Our contract expired and it went up $43 after all promos expired.
flipmeister

flipmeister to psucutie

to psucutie
I scheduled the disconnect, but still had FiOS service when I received the deal. I thought something was wrong at first, but I tried multiple landing pages for FiOS after the disconnect was scheduled, and the rates were insanely low.

I couldn't see them (even when I went to the FiOS site and said 'current resident is moving out') until that disconnect was scheduled.
patt2k

patt2k

said by flipmeister:

I scheduled the disconnect, but still had FiOS service when I received the deal. I thought something was wrong at first, but I tried multiple landing pages for FiOS after the disconnect was scheduled, and the rates were insanely low.

I couldn't see them (even when I went to the FiOS site and said 'current resident is moving out') until that disconnect was scheduled.

Screenshot with all your discounts please.
flipmeister

flipmeister

today.tiff
93,158 bytes
Haters keep hating. This is available to anyone who goes through with a disconnect.
vfrdev
Premium Member
join:2001-03-19
Spring Valley, NY

vfrdev

Premium Member

We are not haters, just trying to get the best deal we can
Thank you for posting your deal flipmeister
patt2k

patt2k to flipmeister

to flipmeister
said by flipmeister:

Haters keep hating. This is available to anyone who goes through with a disconnect.

Thank you and wow that is crazy.

Let me ask you last question has your contract ended ?

I have 9 months left and I am not sure if it's possible since I still have 9 months left.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to zhelder7

Premium Member

to zhelder7
The OP was out of contract, thats why he is now paying the rental fee for the router

You can disconnect, but will be billed the ETF fee
patt2k

patt2k

said by guppy_fish:

The OP was out of contract, thats why he is now paying the rental fee for the router

You can disconnect, but will be billed the ETF fee

So even if I got the Router free of charge after contract ends they will bill me 5.99? interesting.. I hope not but thanks! I will now know what to do when contract ends. Cheers

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

The OP did a service disconnect request , that's what triggered the "new" service price he got, and with it the "new" router rental fee. If you just go out of contract, you would not be subject to the router rental fee
flipmeister

flipmeister to patt2k

to patt2k
I scheduled a disconnect when I was ~a week from my contract ending.

If you cancel early you'll pay an ETF.

The router fees are new. If an existing customer signs a new contract they don't pay the $4.99. If you're a new customer, you do

I haven't decided if I want to buy my own router or keep using theirs.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

If you just go out of contract, you would not be subject to the router rental fee

Yep, I've been out of contract for over a year and have no router fees.
bohratom

bohratom to flipmeister

to flipmeister
said by flipmeister:

I haven't decided if I want to buy my own router or keep using theirs.

Anyone being charged the new monthly router fee should just buy it for $79.99. It pays for itself in a year.

jarablue
Always be true to yourself
join:2001-06-11
Worcester, MA

jarablue to zhelder7

to zhelder7
Not a triple play deal but I just renewed a 2 year contract for double play. I am paying roughly 99$ including taxes for,

1 HD STB
Prime HD TV package
FIOS 50/25
Free HBO for 2 years.

I got rid of my phone since we already have cell phones. Do you guys think I could scored a better deal? 99$ including taxes isn't that bad I'm thinking. I was paying 170 for my triple play. And the only thing I had more was 1 hd stb dvr and digital phone. Not too bad dropping over 70$ a month, no?

What do you guys think? Still have 30 days to back out of this.
patt2k

patt2k

said by jarablue:

Not a triple play deal but I just renewed a 2 year contract for double play. I am paying roughly 99$ including taxes for,

1 HD STB
Prime HD TV package
FIOS 50/25
Free HBO for 2 years.

I got rid of my phone since we already have cell phones. Do you guys think I could scored a better deal? 99$ including taxes isn't that bad I'm thinking. I was paying 170 for my triple play. And the only thing I had more was 1 hd stb dvr and digital phone. Not too bad dropping over 70$ a month, no?

What do you guys think? Still have 30 days to back out of this.

After taxes and rentql it will be about 120 I guess.
steved718
join:2012-05-20
Middle Village, NY

steved718 to zhelder7

to zhelder7
Get a second install, switch to that box, cancel the first, then 2 years later just switch back to the original box?
flipmeister

flipmeister

Ding ding ding.
Expand your moderator at work
nxtiak
join:2008-08-06
Perris, CA

nxtiak to zhelder7

to zhelder7

Re: Best FiOS Triple Play Deal for Existing Customers?

I'm out of contract right now.
Ultimate TV, 75/35, phone
$164.99
If i renew the contract, it just stays the same price.
I'm too scared to attempt to disconnect, then actually getting disconnected and not getting cheaper rate offer.
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

TazExprez

said by nxtiak:

$164.99
I'm too scared to attempt to disconnect, then actually getting disconnected and not getting cheaper rate offer.

This is how much I've been paying for Ultimate TV, 150/35 Internet, & Phone, since 12/2011.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by TazExprez:

said by nxtiak:

$164.99

This is how much I've been paying for Ultimate TV, 150/35 Internet, & Phone, since 12/2011.

I was paying $159.99 for Ultimate HD, 150/65, and home phone service. I wish I had kept it. Since dropping down to the 75/35 75/75 tier to drop my price by $20. It is now $40 more to go back to the 150Mb/s tier. If I had known this before I would have never dropped down.
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

1 edit

TazExprez

said by aaronwt:

said by TazExprez:

said by nxtiak:

$164.99

I was paying $159.99 for Ultimate HD, 150/65, and home phone service. I wish I had kept it. Since dropping down to the 75/35 75/75 tier to drop my price by $20. It is now $40 more to go back to the 150Mb/s tier. If I had known this before I would have never dropped down.

If I dropped down to 75/75 I would save $20.00 during the first month, then $10.00 on months 2-17, and finally $0.00 on months 18-24. I don't think that I am eligible for the free 150/150 because I would get charged $10 if I upgrade my 150/35 to 150/150. I called Verizon about this and they told me there is a bug in the site and that I would be issued a $10 credit if I signed up for the 150/150. I will just wait and see if the site is updated with this info. I want everything in writing when it comes to getting deals from Verizon.
thepawn
join:2002-10-22
Clifton, NJ

thepawn to zhelder7

to zhelder7

I'm NYC DMA area and I pay $169.99 for 150/150+Ultimate+MovieCompleter+Phone... $179 after month 24. (just did new contract, I was 179 before renewing as well)
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by thepawn:

I'm NYC DMA area and I pay $169.99 for 150/150+Ultimate+MovieCompleter+Phone... $179 after month 24. (just did new contract, I was 179 before renewing as well)

I just did the same renewal in NYC DMA and I am now paying $159.99 for 24 months. Had been paying $154.99 for the 150/65 triple play prior, which was set to expire this week.