spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to UofMiamiGrad

to UofMiamiGrad

Re: Best FiOS Triple Play Deal for Existing Customers?

..just to be clear, none of these prices include:
STB's
or taxes.

correct?
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

TazExprez

said by jimboe:

STB's
or taxes.

correct?

I pay $165 for the NYC 150/35 Internet, Ultimate HD, & Phone bundle. I pay an additional $85 for Quantum TV Premium with 2 VMS1100 boxes and 5 IPC1100 boxes. I also pay taxes and fees based on the total amount due, which depends on how many VOD titles we order.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to jimboe

Premium Member

to jimboe
said by jimboe:

STB's
or taxes.

correct?

Correct, my $159.99 is not including, taxes, RSN fee, etc
htin11
join:2000-08-10
Flushing, NY

htin11 to TazExprez

to TazExprez
said by TazExprez:

said by nxtiak:

I'm out of contract right now.
Ultimate TV, 75/35, phone
$164.99
If i renew the contract, it just stays the same price.
I'm too scared to attempt to disconnect, then actually getting disconnected and not getting cheaper rate offer.

This is how much I've been paying for Ultimate TV, 150/35 Internet, & Phone, since 12/2011.

did your bill went up 5 dollar? It's now 169.99
TazExprez
join:2002-04-27
Yonkers, NY

TazExprez

said by htin11:

said by TazExprez:

said by nxtiak:

I'm out of contract right now.
Ultimate TV, 75/35, phone
$164.99
If i renew the contract, it just stays the same price.
I'm too scared to attempt to disconnect, then actually getting disconnected and not getting cheaper rate offer.

This is how much I've been paying for Ultimate TV, 150/35 Internet, & Phone, since 12/2011.

did your bill went up 5 dollar? It's now 169.99

No. My bill is still $164.99 because I have 17 months left in my contract.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to zhelder7

to zhelder7
Not triple but double play. Including $30/mo discount- No contract, MRDVR (7232), STB (7100-2), 35/35, TV Ultimate (NYC), including taxes & STBs, for one year, out the door for $145/mo.

are there better deals out there?
pimentel2
join:2011-05-20
East Providence, RI

pimentel2 to zhelder7

to zhelder7
Here's the triple play deal I currently have:

$129.99
Ultimate (Cinemax, Showtime, and NFL Redzone)
Freedom Essentials Landline
50/50 Internet

Without the discounts it is around ~ $144.99. No STBs or taxes incl. in this price

With taxes, equipment charges (two HD STBs, whole-home DVR), RTP and Globo TV (the Portuguese and Brazilian international channels), as well as 300 international minutes for Freedom Essentials...the monthly total is around $240-$245

Sadly I live with family who *need* their international channels. Otherwise, I would have gone w/internet only, 500/500. Maybe one day...

shade45
join:2004-07-04
Tampa, FL

shade45 to flipmeister

to flipmeister
said by flipmeister:

I went with a double play of 75/35 internet and Prime TV plus 1 year of HBO for $64.99 with a new 2 year contract since the only people who call my land line are telemarkets and collection agencies looking for people who used to have my number.

How did you get such an amazing deal? Did they call you and offer you those deals after you scheduled for discount or what? How did you receive the deal?

Thanks
renewalsux
join:2014-08-18

renewalsux to zhelder7

to zhelder7
My wife's 2 yr contract expired today and the triple bundle we had previously was $119.99 which inlcuded a $25 monthly discount => Unlimited digital voice; Extreme with free showtime/HBO, 75/35 internet.

I called today and the initial rep offered me the same exact deal for $124.99 for a 2 year contract. I told her "I can disconnect the service under my wife's name and reapply using my name and get the 3 options out there now for new customers. Why don't we cut through the BS and give me what I can get as a new customer?" The rep told me I can certainly do that but she can't help me. I said "ok, I want to disconnect , please transfer me".

The rep transfers me to the "disconnect" department and they offered me what new customers can currently get (I priced out what one of my non-verizon FIOS neighbors would get if they were to request FIOS today):

Option 1) $124.99 2 yr agreement: FIOS Extreme with free HBO/Showtime; Unlimited Digital Voice; 75/75 internet; Free Quantum TV Enhanced (can DVR up to 6 programs at 1 time)

Option 2) $124.99 2 yr agreement: FIOS Extreme with free HBO/Showtime; Unlimited Digital Voice; 75/75 internet; $250 prepaid VISA gift card

Option 3) $124.99 No annual contract: FIOS Extreme with free HBO/Showtime; Unlimited Digital Voice; 75/75 internet

I went with option 1. Even though they have to charge me the extra $4.99 wireless router fee, which I wasn't charged before, it's well worth it because my 3 set top box cost previously was $33/mth. With this new deal it went down to $23.97/mth.
renewalsux

renewalsux to zhelder7

to zhelder7
This is the bill estimate (I also get $10/mth discount from work so net net, I'll be paying ~ $160.70 per month) NOTE: there's also a $69.99 activtation fee which isn't included in this estimate. It works out to $2.91/mth over the life of the contract so I didn't see it as a big deal:

Billing Estimate

Estimated Monthly Charges
This estimate is not your actual bill, which may vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments or installments.
Services and DiscountsMonthly Amount
NewTriple Play$124.99
FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
FiOS TV Extreme HD
Showtime
HBO
FiOS Internet 75/75

$10 Bundle 24 Mo. Credit Included
$25 Bundle 24 Mo. Credit Included

New(Rent): 3 TV Equipment Package$23.97
NewFiOS Quantum TV - Enhanced Service $22 per month - Free for 24 monthsFee Waived
New(Rent): Wireless Router$4.99
Estimated Monthly Subtotal$153.95
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail)$13.27
Regional Sports Network Fee$3.48
Estimated Monthly Charges: $170.70