Search similar:

uniqs
Link00seven
join:2003-11-03
Chicago, IL

Link00seven

SB6120 - Orange Link Light

Hello all,

I recently had a power surge that took out my router...but the modem seemed fine. I replaced the router but noticed today that the Link light on my modem is orange, indicating a 100Mbps connection. Previously this was never an issue, and the light was always blue for a 1Gbps connection. To rule out my replacement router, I went direct from modem to PC (which has a gigabit ethernet card), and I'm still only connecting at 100Mbps. Power cycled, reset to factory, and this issue still persists.

Otherwise the modem seems fine, and I'm not having any issues surfing the internet, random reboots, etc.

Could the power surge have caused only this one issue, or is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.

TransitMan
MVM
join:2000-09-05
Dayton, OH

TransitMan

MVM

If the power surge took out your router, you can almost bet it affected the cable modem as well.
You might be surfing the net just fine right now, but in a moments flash, the cable modem will up and croak. Best to get it replaced as well.
Link00seven
join:2003-11-03
Chicago, IL

Link00seven

Bummer, that's what I was afraid of. The only other thread I found on this issue when searching was the exact same cause (power surge), and I believe the resolution was simply to purchase a new device.

Thanks for the response.