imtiax
Premium Member
join:2014-05-24
Toronto, ON

imtiax to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: Rogers packetloss

I live in downtown Toronto and I am experiencing the same issue.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by imtiax:

I live in downtown Toronto and I am experiencing the same issue.

My work is close enough to downtown (Leslieville).

It's definitely not congestion, because it happens at various times of day including in the overnight hours.

Well its not encouraging that its happening on an even grander scale and Rogers is ignoring it...
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Click for full size
Looks like it cleared up about an hour ago... will see how long before the next episode.

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka

ive had the same exact issue in Kitchener, huge packetloss mine has been happening more around 10-11pm at night though.

SammyIan22
@99.244.129.x

SammyIan22

Anon

Its most likely caused by noise on the upstream frequencies Rogers uses. Rogers mainly uses 23,30,38mhz on the upstream the one that causes majority of the issue on the internet is the 23mhz. When you have this issue call into Rogers and ask them to run thier tools. Ask specifically for the Upstream SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) if its anything in 30 or less than its noise. Have them send a ticket to their engineers to investigate. noise comes and goes so its very hard to track it and fix it unless they are able to see it live when its happening. This is normally caused by someone thats connected to the same hfc node as you having a rouge modem thats sending noise back into the field or someones house the wires there are causing the issue. hopefully that helps