Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

1 recommendation

John Galt6

Premium Member

USB Charger Doctor - In-line Voltage and Current Meter

Saw this and thought it would be handy. I had to deal with this recently...NOW I find this:

»www.adafruit.com/products/1852

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

1 recommendation

SmokChsr

Premium Member

I have a couple of these, »www.amazon.com/Watts-Met ··· 01B6N2WK and they are quite handy. I know they cost more, but they are great at quickly checking things. The lower left number scrolls several different measurements, Vmin, Wh, Ah, Apeak, Wpeak.

I added power poles to them so I can just snap them in and out of circuits real quick.

On that page I also see what looks like a G.T. version of it for quite a bit less. I guess a couple USB to Power pole adapters might be needed for your application.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to John Galt6

Premium Member

to John Galt6
That is a very handy design ... "Why did I not think of that?" type. My son gets impatient while his iPod charges, this gadget will keep him occupied.

SmokChsr See Profile ... for simple in-line volts/amps monitoring, AOD is inexpensive ($12.98) but good quality. »www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_ ··· e=228013

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

said by lutful:

That is a very handy design ... "Why did I not think of that?" type.

That is exactly what I thought.

$3 on eBay - I have one on order. Would have come in handy when I was verifying the USB charger worked before I connected a real device.

/tom