All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CircusClown
@68.204.155.x

CircusClown

Anon

[CFL] Anyone else near the Lake Mary area having internet drops?

Everything has been plugging along great for many months. The last 3-5 days I've been having a few issues with my Motorola SBG6580 seemingly losing connection to Brighthouse. I am thinking that there is some type of tinkering going on at Brighthouse because both my neighbors report similar issues.

Just wondering if it's also happening to others in the Lake Mary area? I'm used to the 1-2am updates but this has also been happening randomly about once or twice a day at different times. Once I unplug the Motorola SBG6580 and replug it connects up. I also noticed that on the 6580 the 2nd light from the top is blue but sometimes the third light down (the SEND function) is green instead of blue after the disconnects for about 30 mins. A blue light indicates a fast DOCIS 3.0 connection and a green light means a slower connection.

I'm pretty convinced it's some type of maintenance/upgrade so I'm not tooooo concerned.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

You okay now clown? You ought to register here and select a nice evil clown avatar - full disclosure however clowns creep me out

CircusClown
@68.204.155.x

CircusClown

Anon

Hey BHNTechXpert,

It happened one time yesterday (later at night)..Been fine since.

I think they must be doing work in the area....hasn't happened at all today. I'm pretty savvy so if I thought it was a real issue I'd give you/CS a shout.

The weird thing is that the 3rd light on the Motorola goes from blue to green indicating a slower speed connection. 30 mins later if I reboot the Motorola it goes back to blue. Not happening enough to worry about...more curious.