All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

[Rant] Comcast Cable boxes...

If you have older parents many of you probably know some of this frustration.

Why is it so fucking difficult to put a channel up and channel down button on their cable boxes? I have a problem with both my mother and mother in law. Neither of them seem to be able to keep up with the correct remote. So when they can't find the remote and change the channel we end up having to go over there and find the correct remote so I can change the channel for them. If there was a Channel UP/DOWN button the problem would be solved.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

What? I know somebody with comcast, and yes their remote has a channel up down button. If they can't remember which remote it is maybe they need somebody to take care of them. I find using the guides is faster anyway.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

It's the box that lacks the up down button not the remote. Lose the remote and your stuck on that channel.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

My mistake then, but with hundreds of channels I'd hate that to be my only method. I'd buy them universal, and tether one of the remotes to a certain location of they are getting quite forgetful.

Other boxes have a full array of front buttons like the old motorola boxes, however the new hardware hasn't had them.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Battleop, I went through the same thing with my elderly parents. Since it's easier to change elderly folks (ha) than Comcast, I wound up getting them 2 remotes -- a keeper and a spare. (I swear CC used to have boxes that did have the channel and volume buttons at one time. Maybe I shouldn't "swear" )