spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Droiduser413
@76.14.83.x

Droiduser413

Anon

MotorolaSB6121 kicks off internet

So I just got this brand new Motorola SB6121 modem on May 13th because my old modem was consistently kicking me off the internet and resetting itself randomly. Everything was fine when I first got it until today. The same problem began to happen again, throughout the day the modem will randomly reset itself and the internet will be very slow for about 5-10 minutes. I called my ISP and they said they will have a tech come out here to look at it but even on their end they can see that the modem is resetting itself in spurts. My ISP is Astound by the way. Has anyone ever faced this issue?

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Please post your modem's signal levels & log entries.

Ref: »192.168.100.1/
Galaxynote12
join:2014-07-05

1 recommendation

Galaxynote12

Click for full size
Log 1
Click for full size
Log 2
Click for full size
Signal 1
Click for full size
Signal 2
My apologies for not posting them in my original post.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Keep an eye on your Upstream level & see if it is sliding upward.

Curious also that none of your Upstream channels are locked into 5.120 Msym/sec.

**See NetFixer See Profile 's pic for the visual.
Galaxynote12

Galaxynote12

I'll do that thanks. Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Upstream channels are locked into 5120 Msym/sec.
"

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Galaxynote12:

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Upstream channels are locked into 5120 Msym/sec".

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a thousand word answer to your question:

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to Galaxynote12

Premium Member

to Galaxynote12
Looks like it might be an upstream noise issue. Call in and ask them what your upstream SNR is; it needs to be over 30 or you'll have problems.

/M

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

The OP has a service call for a Tech to come out.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

And? He's not gonna be able to see the upstream SNR from the customer's house. If this company is like most cable co's the tech will probably dick around with a cable or 2 and say it's fixed without actually doing anything.

/M

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

What is the OP supposed to do with the info. Better to mention it to the Tech & let them call in for it.
Galaxynote12

Galaxynote12

The tech just left and suggested that I just replace the modem even though it is brand new and is only 2 months old. I told him that and he said it might be a faulty modem. So far the issue hasn't appeared for a past 3 days so I will see how long this keeps up.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Did you get him to call in for the Upper SNR as mackey See Profile suggested?