Search similar:

uniqs

warwick
join:2009-06-05
Hollywood, FL

warwick

Stainless mounting options

Good day All

For those of us unfortunate to be living near the ocean....

Anyone know of stainless steel mounting options. I.e. J mounts or anything similar?

Thanks

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

I feel your pain...!

»oceancam1.dyndns.org/

Most of what is available is for marine applications and very expensive. I did find this:

»www.aliexpress.com/item/ ··· 193.html

My only concern about those is the spotwelding, but it may be sufficient for your application.

I find that electro-galvanized steel works OK here, but still needs to be replaced after 6-8 years.

warwick
join:2009-06-05
Hollywood, FL

warwick

Great find - Thanks for the link.

My sentiments as well... those spotwelds look a bit iffy. hmmm - but I guess it couldn't hurt to at least get one in hand to test out its sturdiness.

Anything which is not stainless does not last for more than 3 months where I'm at.

Would be nice if there were a plastic type mount available, (solid abs - complete mold and uv resistant) - but this is pushing it I know.

Well - if anyone has any other products in mind....feel free to note.

Regards

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to warwick

Premium Member

to warwick
If PVC is acceptable, and the load allows, you could make something:

»flexpvc.com/cart/agora.c ··· es-Solid

Wall flange - short SCH 80 nipple - 90 - long SCH 80 nipple to fit - cap

You could also paint to match as necessary. I think 1-1/4" would be acceptable for most client radios...jump up a notch if needed.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe to warwick

to warwick
Stay away from those spot-welded shitpoles!

We had experimented with them, and they were nothing short of complete garbage.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to warwick

Premium Member

to warwick
said by warwick:

For those of us unfortunate to be living near the ocean...

For projects in a very polluted country with lots of acid rain and frequent hurricanes, we use fittings and tubes used by the ship-building industry.

You can get stainless steel in various surface finishes including chrome. BTW marine industry also uses properly passivated aluminium tubes and fittings for lower weight. They last as long as stainless steel, but cost a bit more.

You can make almost any kind of antenna mounts with them - limited only by your imagination. Make sure you buy direct from a reputable supplier and explain your unusual application.