uniqs
CJ777
join:2004-10-05
Los Angeles, CA

2 recommendations

CJ777 to antdude

to antdude

Re: Hot!

Oh wow, I've never noticed. The manufacturers don't care cause it's just for a STB.
CJ777

CJ777 to antdude

to antdude
said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

Ouch, that sucks. Can you at least put in a window a/c unit eventually? I used to live in the SGV, it gets way hotter out there compared to where I live in LA.

Maybe. Owners are cheap to turn on their central AC. :P

Cheap asses!

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

Ouch, that sucks. Can you at least put in a window a/c unit eventually? I used to live in the SGV, it gets way hotter out there compared to where I live in LA.

Maybe. Owners are cheap to turn on their central AC. :P

Cheap asses!

Yep. Oh well. Not my house. It's funny how they pay a lot for triple TWC cable bundle, house, etc. but not their central AC until it gets too hot. :P
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

Oh SMH...
CJ777

CJ777

Checked temp again, looks to be now holding at 95°F. If you go to page 3 of D13, you can see the highest temp the box has ever reached (shows only in Celsius). Hottest mine ever reached was 129°F. This is past the threshold. Never seen any warnings though.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude

Re: Replaced Motorola cable box and DVR with Arris ones. Newbie ?s

My tech just gave me a Motorola DCX 3510-M. My DCX 3510 was branded Arris.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

My tech just gave me a Motorola DCX 3510-M. My DCX 3510 was branded Arris.

I thought Arris bought Motorola? They still have left over Motorola boxes? My client just got a DCXM3200-M yesterday from a local TWC office.

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Is that branded arris. Arris bought Motorola. That same tech came to my house 2 weeks ago didn't have that DVR. He just got the 3510-m DVR in his van after labor day. He also gave me a moca filter used for the whole house dvr. I don't have whole house dvr and he said if I put the filter on the line I will be charged for whole house DVR. If the client box is the p3 that is the smallest DCX 3200.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by OpTiC :

Is that branded arris. Arris bought Motorola. That same tech came to my house 2 weeks ago didn't have that DVR. He just got the 3510-m DVR in his van after labor day. He also gave me a moca filter used for the whole house dvr. I don't have whole house dvr and he said if I put the filter on the line I will be charged for whole house DVR. If the client box is the p3 that is the smallest DCX 3200.

DCXM3200-M is Arris brand too. Weird that you got a Motorola one. It must be an old stock. So, you're getting whole house DVR?

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

1 recommendation

OpTiC

Premium Member

No he gave me a moca filter so I can keep. I have a regular dvr and one arris/ motorola 3200 p3. My motorola 3200 p3 is branded arris

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

Arris boxes' upgrades?

Weird. Tonight, I noticed powering on Arris cable boxes came up on channel 1 (on demand portal) instead of the last/previous channel. They were last used last night. Was this from a TWC's upgrade or something?
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

CJ777

said by antdude:

Weird. Tonight, I noticed powering on Arris cable boxes came up on channel 1 (on demand portal) instead of the last/previous channel. They were last used last night. Was this from a TWC's upgrade or something?

I find this happens every few days. I think it's maybe from when they make changes (adding/removing programs) to the VOD system.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

said by antdude:

I find this happens every few days. I think it's maybe from when they make changes (adding/removing programs) to the VOD system.

Ugh, this is my first time. It's annoying even though I told the boxes to stay on the last/previous channel I left on!
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

Yup! I have my box set to stay on previous channel as well. It does do that, but every time the VOD updates which is quite frequently, it will default back to channel 1 when you turn on the box. Latest problem I have now is that every time I turn the box on, there is no video on the tv. I have to turn the box back off/on again to get it to work. I just did a reboot, so we'll see if that helps.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

1 edit

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

Yup! I have my box set to stay on previous channel as well. It does do that, but every time the VOD updates which is quite frequently, it will default back to channel 1 when you turn on the box. Latest problem I have now is that every time I turn the box on, there is no video on the tv. I have to turn the box back off/on again to get it to work. I just did a reboot, so we'll see if that helps.

I noticed RC buttons don't always register on mine to HDTVs and and cable boxes. Annoying.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

Did you try reprogramming the RC? I also set mine up so when I hit power, the cable box, then tv will power up. The tech didn't set it up, I had to find the programming instructions online from UEI.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

Did you try reprogramming the RC? I also set mine up so when I hit power, the cable box, then tv will power up. The tech didn't set it up, I had to find the programming instructions online from UEI.

Yeah, I meant it doesn't always register my pressings. Like I misaimed or something.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

Oh me too. It's like you have to point it directly at the box or tv to get it to register. The remotes they use are total cheap junk.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

Oh me too. It's like you have to point it directly at the box or tv to get it to register. The remotes they use are total cheap junk.

It's funny. I am close to them and they don't always register my pressings. Argh!! Boxes and their RCs are new too!
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

It's funny. I am close to them and they don't always register my pressings. Argh!! Boxes and their RCs are new too!

Try replacing the RC and see if it helps?

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

Try replacing the RC and see if it helps?

I doubt that will do anything. HDTVs' RCs were fine. Like you said, cheap RCs from TWC.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

CJ777

Yeah.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude to CJ777

Premium Member

to CJ777
said by CJ777:

Yup! I have my box set to stay on previous channel as well. It does do that, but every time the VOD updates which is quite frequently, it will default back to channel 1 when you turn on the box...

Just for kicks, I e-mailed TWCableHelp's TWCable.Help@twcable.com about this issue and got Stephanie's e-mail back after a day:

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:40:03PM -0400, TWCableHelp wrote:
I apologize. Sometimes it may default to the On Demand portal. If you go to Channel you can select Last channel or whatever channel you choose.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

CJ777

said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

Yup! I have my box set to stay on previous channel as well. It does do that, but every time the VOD updates which is quite frequently, it will default back to channel 1 when you turn on the box...

Just for kicks, I e-mailed TWCableHelp's TWCable.Help@twcable.com about this issue and got Stephanie's e-mail back after a day:

I apologize. Sometimes it may default to the On Demand portal. If you go to Channel you can select Last channel or whatever channel you choose.

That was useful info. NOT!

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

2 edits

antdude

Premium Member

said by CJ777:

said by antdude:

said by CJ777:

That was useful info. NOT!

No kidding. I even said that the cable boxes have the last/previous channel set already in my original e-mail. Argh! It's like she doesn't know to read. I also told her that other subscribers have this problem too with links as proofs.

I noticed TWC doesn't send those online survey to rate each support e-mail. It is like they care not.
antdude

antdude

Premium Member

Record from On Demand?

Is it possible to record from On Demand onto the same DVR's HDD? Record button does nothing. Thank you in advance.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

1 recommendation

DocDrew

Premium Member

Nope. Can't record ondemand on a DVR

OpTiC
Premium Member
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Just found out that you can get a whole house dvr for $9 extra

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

Arris DCX3510's rear ports...

Can Arris DCX3510 DVR's rear firewire, USB, and network be used for anything for the subscribers? Thank you in advance.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

1 recommendation

DocDrew

Premium Member

USB can be used for charging, sometimes keyboards work for box control. FireWire might output mpeg2 video streams if active and connected to a compatible device. Ethernet is off.