All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
martinh
join:2010-03-24

martinh

DPC3010 broken?

When I plug in the power cord, all the light flash on once and then turn off. No light stays on but the modem produces heat. Broken? Got it off ebay

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Try disconnecting the cable and power cord, then while holding down the small factory reset button on the back(between cable and USB port), plug only the power back in. If it still fails then, yup, modem is bricked.

Anonguy
@68.106.20.x

Anonguy to martinh

Anon

to martinh
Also what is the power output of the power brick.

If they sent you the wrong one it may not have enough juice to run the modem.

Should Be 12VDC and 1Amp
martinh

martinh

The AC adapter is 12v 1a output but the input is 100-120v. There's another adapter on ebay with 100-200vac. I'm not sure if the input in the AC adapter is a big deal. That's the only 12v 1a I have but I have two other adapters that are 12v 750mA and they don't seem to work either
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

did the listing say it was working? Did you email the seller and ask or say the modem is hot maybe they sent the wrong adapter.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to martinh

to martinh
said by martinh:

The AC adapter is 12v 1a output but the input is 100-120v. There's another adapter on ebay with 100-200vac

Input doesn't matter, since that is usually dynamic. Its the output that needs to be correct. The other adapter was probably for those sold in the Europe market. If the power light isn't coming on after lamp test, then its probably bricked firmware. And the factory reset only changes the config file, not the firmware.

Anonguy
@68.106.20.x

Anonguy to martinh

Anon

to martinh
said by martinh:

The AC adapter is 12v 1a output but the input is 100-120v. There's another adapter on ebay with 100-200vac. I'm not sure if the input in the AC adapter is a big deal. That's the only 12v 1a I have but I have two other adapters that are 12v 750mA and they don't seem to work either

that is the right adapter. Modem appears fried. I wouldn't waste time and money on another adapter.

There are a bunch here with Guarantees for $22.00

»www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ··· ion=used
martinh

martinh to ajwees41

to ajwees41
Yeah, the listing says guaranteed working or your money back. They also have a 100% rating.

»www.ebay.com/itm/1613236 ··· 97.l2649

Anyways, the adapter was mine, it wasn't included. Also another important I forgot to mention. At first the symptom was different. After plugging it in and out a few times, the power light came on and rest of the other lights were amber. This never happened again afterwards