Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner

Re: Am I riding my bike wrong?

I'm a low cadence rider. I can't ride pedaling like mad.
I simply start out in an easy gear and as I pick up speed, gear up to higher gear to slow my pedaling and to get more power witch each rotation.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Click for full size
said by HiVolt:

Yeah i have a sensor for my iphone app (Runtastic Roadbike), it works with many others as well, it uses Bluetooth LE.

pretty cool as it also measures speed/distance at the rear wheel which is more accurate than GPS readings on the app itself.

O.K. I'll confess that at one time, I put a Dell Axim Pocket PC on my bike. It powered my BT headphones and also provided GPS.

Now, for me, the greatest joy of cycling is to get away from technology, except for some kind of music player ( that I use ONLY when on trails - not on the road! ). I'll keep a cell phone with me in the saddle bag just in case I get into mechanical trouble that I can't fix on the spot.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by WhaleOilBee:

O.K. I'll confess that at one time, I put a Dell Axim Pocket PC on my bike. It powered my BT headphones and also provided GPS.

Now, for me, the greatest joy of cycling is to get away from technology, except for some kind of music player ( that I use ONLY when on trails - not on the road! ). I'll keep a cell phone with me in the saddle bag just in case I get into mechanical trouble that I can't fix on the spot.

Nothing to be ashamed of, the technology is really cool these days. I'll take a pic of my phone/battery setup.