Search similar:

uniqs
ZeuS32
join:2014-07-06
france

ZeuS32

[Asterisk] Grey route Termination bypassing ISP

hello brothers,
i will start selling grey route termination in arabe country , i have all materials (GSM GW , asterisk server, billing and and ), i will start with only 8 Channels

the problem is the ISP, they blocked all VoIP ports and they scan the network to detect any voip activity to catch all peoples selling termination

im thinking to do an IAX2(using another port not default IAX port) between my home asterisk and another asterisk in UK (dedicated server) to send traffic from this one to my home asterisk

im thinking also to make a vpn in other server i mean vpn server setup by my self in a dedicated server in europe and setup my home router with this VPN to let UDP traffic (IAX2) transit in VPN to be super transparent to ISP

1- is this succesiful to bypass ISP restrection and SCAN ? if there is another solution pls suggest

2- another question concerning SIM cards , can the operator trace or triangulate the location of the GSM Gateway (location) ?
Expand your moderator at work

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to ZeuS32

Premium Member

to ZeuS32

Re: [Asterisk] Grey route Termination bypassing ISP

Regarding bypassing the ISP restrictions and scans:
I'd suggesting trying the VPN approach, and then separately trying SIP TLS with SRTP on non-standard ports (like say perhaps TCP 443 for SIP TLS - to the ISP it will appear to be HTTPS traffic.). See which one performs better and then go with that. It absolutely *IS* possible to bypass ISP restriction and scanning in such a manner.

Regarding the SIM cards and GSM gateway:
Yes, unfortunately the provider can easily triangulate the location of the GSM gateway - should the provider so desire. Not being personally familiar with the regulatory environment in your country, nor with the specific GSM provider(s) involved, I dare not even try to speculate as to how likely they are to try.

Hope this helps.
drivel
join:2013-07-12
Santa Clara, CA

drivel to ZeuS32

to ZeuS32
Perhaps a ipv6 tunnel might work. They might not be scanning ipv6 packets.
ZeuS32
join:2014-07-06
france

ZeuS32 to arpawocky

to arpawocky
hello brother
thank you for your fast reply, i see your suggestion very good as you said using 443 but in the case of using TCP for SIP may cause some lose of QOS, but i will tray your solution soon

regarding Sim cards and GSM GW many friends get sim blocked in few hours and we are looking for some solutions to reduce this sim blocking , many peoples said the best way is rotate between BTS using BTS autochange

others said operator block sim after lot of short calls so the best is rotate between sims after 5 short calls

others said use Humain behavior mean sim1 call sim2 and sending sms between them

im really confused and want to start something solid,stable and secure

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

said by ZeuS32:

i see your suggestion very good as you said using 443 but in the case of using TCP for SIP may cause some lose of QOS, but i will tray your solution soon

Remember that SIP is only the signaling, not the media. A little bit of latency on the SIP packets won't hurt call quality at all. In fact de-prioritizing the SIP packets can actually help call quality by keeping said packets from getting in the way of the RTP.

That said, encrypting the RTP will also introduce some latency into the audio. But, we are talking about grey routes, and better to have a little bit of latency than have the call blocked, no?

VPNs typically introduce latency as well - hence my suggestion to try both approaches separately, and test to see which performs better on your network.
said by ZeuS32:

regarding Sim cards and GSM GW many friends get sim blocked in few hours and we are looking for some solutions to reduce this sim blocking , many peoples said the best way is rotate between BTS using BTS autochange

Probably a good idea.
said by ZeuS32:

others said operator block sim after lot of short calls

A large number of short calls is typically a sign of dialer traffic. One idea might be to actively monitor your own customers' ASR and ACD to block dialer traffic, unless of course that is your target market.