spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RipdOffAgain
@99.253.151.x

RipdOffAgain

Anon

[Mobile] Bell Ripps off another Customer

In November 2012 I faithfully upgraded my phone and re-upped for another 3 years will Bell for my cell phone. With some strong arm tactics I was persuaded to use the old phone as a secondary phone as a share the minutes side line to my service... I did this. After about a week I realized that I did not need the second line and went in to the store to cancel the second line.
This was never done!

Shame on me for not following up but when I checked my bill it was still on there... I have been paying for a service that I do not use for 19 months... and furthermore one I requested to be cancelled...

Well it is cancelled now -- I hope but no refund - typical of Bell

This is the last in a long list of poor service, billing mistakes that I have had for over 25 years with Bell. I have been a loyal Bell customer for all those years... So no longer ... at first opportunity -- when the damn contacts run out I will be switching from Bell for both my personal phones and my corporate account...
moose_338
join:2013-11-30
Waubaushene, ON

moose_338

You're as much at fault if you ask me, you should know better then to not check your bill for over 19 months.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping to RipdOffAgain

to RipdOffAgain
Wait wait wait, you're telling me you didn't check your billing for 19 months ?

Did you even get a confirmation number for the cancellation ?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to RipdOffAgain

Premium Member

to RipdOffAgain
said by RipdOffAgain :

Shame on me for not following up but when I checked my bill it was still on there... I have been paying for a service that I do not use for 19 months... and furthermore one I requested to be cancelled...

If you cancel a service with any provider no matter what it is you should always check your subsequent bills, even if you're not cancelling you should be checking the total of every bill every month just to verify that there are no erroneous charges.
despe666
join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC

despe666

You should check more than the next bill, with all the prorated crap it usually takes them 2-3 bills to stabilize and finally get it right.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to RipdOffAgain

Premium Member

to RipdOffAgain
Sorry dude, no sympathy here... You failed to check your bills, and you kept paying what you should have known was a much higher bill than it should have been...

Mistakes are often made by Bell and other providers, but you also made a critical mistake.

Big_Daddy
join:2008-01-10
hohoho

Big_Daddy to RipdOffAgain

to RipdOffAgain
I would have checked the bill right away

I don't trust big cell phone companies like Bell and Robbers

honestly they are both the same Robbers billed me for two months of service when I moved and didn't tell me about it and then one day to my surprise Ding! Bill for $400.00 !

I no longer have services with Robbers! just with Bell but like I said I don't trust them either. they are both in bed with The CRTC.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

If there's no usage on the phone in question, Bell will usually credit it back all the way, since it's pretty clear that you were operating in good faith.

If they aren't willing to give you a credit that you feel you're entitled to, escalate. »support.bell.ca/Billing- ··· omplaint

If you've tried this already and they still won't give you a credit, then there's something you aren't telling us.