Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

1 recommendation

EUS to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: new car.. would this piss you off?

Hold up! There is no way to phrase that sentence so that she won't take it the wrong way.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

yea...that might be a tough one to pull off...she's already quite active anyway.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to newSymp

to newSymp
After 3 hip replacement surgeries, my wife got the handicap parking permit. If it's nice weather, she'll park next to the shopping cart return in the middle of the lot, and use the cart like a walker rather than use the handicap spots near the store.

OTOH, it's so nice to park right up in front of the store in a wide spot that won't get your door dinged; esp when it's bad weather.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to EUS

to EUS
said by EUS:

Hold up! There is no way to phrase that sentence so that she won't take it the wrong way.

News flash! Wives take every comment the wrong way. You can't win.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 recommendation

Gone

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

News flash! Wives take every comment the wrong way. You can't win.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
Rule #1; learn to become 'very busy' when topics such as beauty, age, weight, and pants that make ass look big comes up.
newSymp
join:2003-11-06

newSymp to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

i don't want to rain on your parade, but this issue won't seem like a big deal at all, when you get your inevitable ding in the door from some douchebag in the parking lot (happened to my car a month after i got it).

Which is why I park in the farthest spot from the front door no matter what the distance to walk.

I do that as well.

And than you get that one a-hole that parks far away from you with so many empty spots and yet parks right beside you

I tell my friends when they come with me, i like to hitch hike to the mall or whatever when i park.
newSymp

newSymp to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

i am sure if you point this out, they will properly address it...it likely isn't that big of a deal and is easily fixed...it would be more of a big deal if it was located somewhere on the exterior, but it looks to be in an inconspicuous location...as well, it may just be a "smudge" of the paint when it was wet, so it is possible the actual metal is still covered...i would still address your concerns and have them fix it, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

i don't want to rain on your parade, but this issue won't seem like a big deal at all, when you get your inevitable ding in the door from some douchebag in the parking lot (happened to my car a month after i got it).

Yes it might not be a big deal, but being a tricoat pearl paint, and talking to people at few autobody shops here, they would have to re clear the whole door which I don't want to do.. But in the other hand it might be better quality clear, just the cure is the issue

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to newSymp

Premium Member

to newSymp
In answer to your question, absolutely this would piss me off.
The paint looks as though it will continue to peel, and the applied paint doesn't look too thick either.
Brand of car is irrelevant, poor workmanship needs to be called out.
newSymp

newSymp

said by EUS:

In answer to your question, absolutely this would piss me off.
The paint looks as though it will continue to peel, and the applied paint doesn't look too thick either.
Brand of car is irrelevant, poor workmanship needs to be called out.

And that is what I am afraid of, even around the screw the paint is chipping away, than the rest looks like an aero chocolate bar or something.

That it will peel and peel.. even if they said that area and try to blend the areas in, how do i know the rest of the paint is not crap.

I hope they repaint it, and extended the warranty on that paint section.

mk_416
@108.168.55.x

mk_416

Anon

said by newSymp:

the rest looks like an aero chocolate bar or something.

That needs to be striped and sanded to the bare metal and redone. Aero chocolote bar features in paint = air and a place for moisture to get in and spread.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Day #3 I was tapped at a red light by some idiot. I don't believe in road rage but I was pretty close the day.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to d4m1r

Premium Member

to d4m1r
here is a video regarding the Optima and shows the transition of the Kia brand from a used car alternative to a maker of competitive quality products.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· sAs5UDRU

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

Also the furthest spot is usually closest to the exit and unimpeded from any other traffic.

Did you learn that from National Lampoon's Vacation too?

That's where I learned it...sometimes I follow it, sometimes I don't, I admit that maybe I'll melt but in the rain I'm hunting for the closest spot.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by nitzguy:

said by peterboro:

Also the furthest spot is usually closest to the exit and unimpeded from any other traffic.

No. Was there something else from the movie I quoted as well?

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by nitzguy:

said by peterboro:

No. Was there something else from the movie I quoted as well?

....When they park at Wally World and do the run like Chariots of Fire up to the entrance Ellen Griswold asks why he parks so far away and he says the exact same thing there, that while everyone else is fighting to get out they'll be right at the exit and will be unimpeded from any other traffic .
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

I don't remember that part but then all great minds think alike and it's not surprising others used my line.

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121

said by peterboro:

I don't remember that part but then all great minds think alike and it's not surprising others used my line.

*chuckles* so we'll just call you Clark from now on : )) ..

oh, by the way, what do you do if you have a squirrel in your christmas tree?? ..

cheers from Toronto ..
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Send the cat in of course.
newSymp

newSymp

Well, good new is that Kia is repainting it, waiting for the appointment.

Though talking to several body shops since my post, they all warned me that if remove the door from that mount, it will never be factory aligned and will probably be paying a few visits.

Kind of worried on that aspect. and not sure if it that is 100% true
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

There are certain things on cars that are very difficult to almost impossible to replicate from factory original and one of them is door alignment. Just be prepared to deal with more wind noise and to push the dealership to make it right.
JBear
join:2005-02-24
canada

JBear to newSymp

to newSymp
We're having paint problems with our 2013 Ford Escape. It's starting to look dull already and there are a whole bunch of scratches already from the scraper when clearing off the windows of snow. I've talked to the dealer but they just told me to write a letter to Ford HQ itself.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

The write letter response means they don't give a shit.

Luvfishin
I guess things happen that way
Premium Member
join:2001-12-06
Canada

1 edit

Luvfishin to newSymp

Premium Member

to newSymp
I can feel your pain and I have gone through similar issues in the past. It really does not look that bad and I know that in the back of your head, you are saying, it should be perfect because I bought a new car. I tend to agree with you. I would simply take it back and ask them to fix it. I bet they would just touch it up. If it was mine I simply wouldn't worry about it and I guess I say that because of age. 30 years ago I probably would've freaked out... LOL I figure there are bigger things to worry about in my life now. Good luck with it.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to JBear

Premium Member

to JBear
said by JBear:

We're having paint problems with our 2013 Ford Escape. It's starting to look dull already and there are a whole bunch of scratches already from the scraper when clearing off the windows of snow. I've talked to the dealer but they just told me to write a letter to Ford HQ itself.

depending on what it actually looks like, perhaps it needs to be detailed...you could likely use a decontamination and clay bar treatment (plus sealant afterwards)...if your car is a darker colour, perhaps even an extra buff job.
JBear
canada

JBear

A detail wouldn't hurt but my '01 Cavalier survives the winter scraper better than the Escape. It shouldn't be scratching the paint right off.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by JBear:

A detail wouldn't hurt but my '01 Cavalier survives the winter scraper better than the Escape. It shouldn't be scratching the paint right off.

would need to see pics to see what it really is (not that i am an expert on paint, of course)...what you may be seeing is scratches in the clearcoat, which can be buffed out quite easily...depending on the colour, some things are easier to see as well.

when i got my car detailed last month, the detailer suggested a step down a package, because the extra buffing in the mid tier package wouldn't really provide me any noticeable improvement because my car is white...he said if it was a darker colour, it would help to bring back the deep rich colour and shine again...he said straight white cars don't have that problem so the more basic packages work just fine for them.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by JBear:

depending on what it actually looks like, perhaps it needs to be detailed...you could likely use a decontamination and clay bar treatment (plus sealant afterwards)...if your car is a darker colour, perhaps even an extra buff job.

It's brand new! My 10yr old truck still shines, and I don't "wax or buff" it at all.
JBear
canada

JBear to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Thanks! If I remember I'll take pictures of it (should do so anyways because of the letter to Ford). IIRC the scratches are pretty deep, some showing white. We also got some sort of protection package as well which I need to book an appointment with for inspection.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

It's brand new! My 10yr old truck still shines, and I don't "wax or buff" it at all.

it may "shine" to you, but if you've seen a vehicle properly detailed, i can say that in comparison, your truck looks 10 years old.