Search similar:

uniqs

sourceplzzzz
@69.118.94.x

sourceplzzzz to cowboyro

Anon

to cowboyro

Re: [Electrical] Laser printer and A/C on same circuit

I'd love to see that info, I fail to see how an ac is going to lose 30% of its efficiency unless it is from compressor wear and that would be alot of wear the first year (7%). Even so, my 10k btu ac cools 1000sqft to a good level (room it is in is 68, rest of house goes up from there up to 73f on a 95F day) especially considering I get full sun in the afternoon. Based off that I'm at 7kbtu, I mean that's pretty damn good for 7k btu.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to cowboyro

Premium Member

to cowboyro
said by cowboyro:

said by assumingmuch :

Assuming 1988 = crap is pretty stupid.

The performance of the units degrades with time. A 20 year unit is likely 30% less efficient than when it was built. Studies have found a typical performance drop of 7% after 1 year.
Given that the efficiency of units 25 years ago wasn't that great to start with, a new unit can potentially cut the consumption in half (at least for the first few years).

Yes but once you count in repair or replacement cost because it failed just right after the warranty it's a push.

roge b lamb
@206.47.249.x

roge b lamb

Anon

i totally forgot that there is air conditioners that go in windows, i just never see them in my street every house has a furnace and an air conditioner in the back yard.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Mine does the same thing, been doing it for years, my a/c still works.
Expand your moderator at work

Grumpy4
Premium Member
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Grumpy4 to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: [Electrical] Laser printer and A/C on same circuit

If you move next door to a power plant, the power will be nice & fresh, and no more dips.