shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Nexus 5 opinions?

Cancelling a contract means you pay back the prorated amount of the discount you took on the phone when you got it.

That being said, most carriers offer a discount for BYOD phones, so the Nexus will be far cheaper for you in the long run.

Performance wise, the specs are very similar. There are plenty of head to head reviews on the net.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Cancelling a contract means you pay back the prorated amount of the discount you took on the phone when you got it.
That being said, most carriers offer a discount for BYOD phones, so the Nexus will be far cheaper for you in the long run.
Performance wise, the specs are very similar. There are plenty of head to head reviews on the net.

I have a six line corporate account, it's an entirely different can of worms. There won't be any discounts or anything because whatever phone I receive will be used on an already-existing line by merely swapping SIMs.

My current phone (an unlocked Note 2) will then be going to an employee who wants a phone with a big enough screen that he can look at without reading glasses, either to use with his own Telus account or with one of our corporate lines.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Ahh.. Gotcha.

Nexus 5 all the way, then.

Actually, wait a second. Why are you on a Corp account with 6 lines? An SMB account would offer you more flexibility and a BYOD discount.

At least with Telus it does.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You're right, it's SMB. I think we're like a line or two away before we'd save money on a corporate account or something.