uniqs
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned) to Gone

to Gone

Re: Nexus 5 opinions?

The nexus phone is great.

Google caller ID is sweet as well. Regardless if the number is in your contacts or not it will display a name. Handy when ignoring spammers as they dont list their numbers

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Doonz:

Google caller ID is sweet as well. Regardless if the number is in your contacts or not it will display a name.

Rogers is capable of doing this with all phones, so long as the phone supports CNAP. For a while the iPhone didn't support it, but eventually they did. Can't get a straight answer on the Nexus 5.

But if Google Caller ID is good at assigning names to numbers anyway, that'd probably be good enough for me.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by Gone:

said by Doonz:

Google caller ID is sweet as well. Regardless if the number is in your contacts or not it will display a name.

Rogers is capable of doing this with all phones, so long as the phone supports CNAP. For a while the iPhone didn't support it, but eventually they did. Can't get a straight answer on the Nexus 5.

But if Google Caller ID is good at assigning names to numbers anyway, that'd probably be good enough for me.

Google actually uses your data plan to get the information from the web

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to Doonz

Premium Member

to Doonz
Well, I just learned something new. Google Caller ID is only in phones running kitkat, so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet (still waiting for Samsung to send me my S5).

»support.google.com/nexus ··· hl=en-CA