how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zz FDK zZ

join:2002-08-05
Elmhurst, NY

How to manage a Laptop's speed?

I would like to lower the internet speed of one of my laptops. I found instructions on how to do them with QOS but the instructions are over 3 years old and no longer work.

Thanks!

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17

Zz, I don't think this has anything to do with FiOS so I'm going to move this to our General Questions forum for you.

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2

If he is a FIOS internet customer, he should probably be in that forum for his question. They're using Actiontech routers of various versions, so hopefully someone there will be able to assist him the best.
--
Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breathe

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

You have a point, aguen. I don't know if they have FiOS or not.

Zz, do you have FiOS and are you using an Actiontec router? If you do, I can get you moved back to the FiOS forum.

Edit : I just did some more checking and found that he does have FiOS so back to FiOS we go.

Zz FDK zZ

Elmhurst, NY
reply to Zz FDK zZ

Hi sorry forgot to mention that I have MI424WR-GEN2 router and yes FIOS.

Mahalo

join:2000-12-20
united state
kudos:1

Page 185
»www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public···nual.pdf
--
My other computer is your computer

Zz FDK zZ

Elmhurst, NY

Is there a way to specifically shape the traffic of one device. It seems that I can only do it for all devices.

marc3565

join:2009-10-08
reply to Zz FDK zZ

Is that laptop connecting wirelessly?

If so you could maybe setup a cheap router as an access point just for that laptop. Use the slowless wireless setting on that access point.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
reply to Zz FDK zZ

It occurs to me that you didn't mention why you're trying to limit the speed, just that you're trying to limit it for one laptop. If you gave us this information, there might be some else someone can recommend.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL

Trying to stop a sibling/room mate from using up the bandwidth would seem to fit the OP's request.

I suspect even if one could do stealth data restriction, it would lead to other issues ...

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

said by guppy_fish:

Trying to stop a sibling/room mate from using up the bandwidth would seem to fit the OP's request.

I suspect even if one could do stealth data restriction, it would lead to other issues ...

Respectfully, how about if we let the OP respond to my inquiry?

Zz FDK zZ

Elmhurst, NY

Haha sorry for not being specific enough. I got a few guest staying over for a few weeks and just want to slow down their internet speed. They're using a Laptop.