NOT
Premium
join:2005-04-07
Hallandale, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast

mail app rules for emailing for different account

Click for full size
I just accidentally sent out 500 emails by accident because I configured a rule the wrong way, so I thought I would ask here!

I have people sending me an email to email1. I would like to do an rule to reply from email2.

the reason for this is to filter the emails. i want a specific type of email to go to a unique email address so they all stay together. But once I begin to reply and communicate effectively with the person, i would like the email to go to a second more common email location (email2).
--
Why are you so surprised to see sinners in church? Are you shocked to see sick people in a hospital too?
»www.USMarketingDirect.com/1000-f···only-32/

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
I only see two ways to accomplish that. The first would be to create an Applescript. The second would be to set it to first forward or redirect the email to the account you want to reply from and then reply. Because mail will automatically reply using the same account it was sent to and the rule doesn't allow you to change that.

nu2this
NOT
Premium
join:2005-04-07
Hallandale, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
if i have all email1 emails cc to email2
choose 'Account email2'
from contains email1 address

perform action: reply to message / reply message text

this is what works in my mind, but doesn't seem to be what is happening%u2026 :/
--
Why are you so surprised to see sinners in church? Are you shocked to see sick people in a hospital too?
»www.USMarketingDirect.com/1000-f···only-32/

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

1 edit
Edit: After reading Td's response and rereading your original post, it seems that I did not get it all correct.

Edit: • You sent the original e-mail from this account (e-mail1) and the e-mail goes to e-mail1 mailbox.

Edit: • Some/All reply to your e-mail. That response would go to e-mail1 mailbox.

• That e-mail1 gets a reply from you and is sent by a different account (e-mail2) and that e-mail is stored in e-mail2 mailbox

Is that accurate?

Are these two different POP accounts with two different names?

Edit: Are these two e-mail accounts only used for this activity or are there other e-mails commingled?

--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to nu2this
Your description is a bit vague, but it sounds like you want to be able to open an email sent to address1 and have the "From:" field auto-populated with "address2" for certain people you communicate with.

What your rule is saying is different... the "reply to message" action is an automatic action that will instantly send a reply email once the original email is received and moved to the other mailbox. I'm assuming this isn't what you want?

If both of the above are true, then the only way to fix this automatically is likely some kind of AppleScript that continuously watches for new Mail windows and acts when it recognizes a known email address, which forces it to change the "From" field.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!